• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How do I calculate s.69 Statutory Interest @ 8% per year ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I calculate s.69 Statutory Interest @ 8% per year ?

When bringing a claim through the county court for money you may be able to add ' statutory interest ' to the amount claimed.

This is calculated from the date the payment became due an is 8% per year. It is usually listed in the claim as;

The claimant claims interest pursuant to Section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% from 10/2/2016 to 10/2/2016 in the sum of £0.00 and continuing at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at the daily rate of £0.0

How do I calculate interest?

To find the daily rate of interest, take the amount you are claiming and multiply it by 8% then divide this figure by 365. This is a sum of money, not a percentage, which equates to the amount of interest accruing daily. Multiply the daily rate by the total number of days the debt has been owed in order to get a total amount of interest. Then add this into the claim amount.

The claimant claims interest pursuant to Section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% from 10/2/2015 to 10/2/2016 in the sum of £80.00 and continuing at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at the daily rate of £0.08

Example

If you were owed £1,000:

the annual interest would be £80 (1000 x 0.08 = 80)
    you’d divide £80 by 365 to get the daily interest: about 22p a day (80 / 365 = 0.22)
    after 50 days this would be £11 (50 x 0.22 = 11)
    Last edited by Amethyst; 11th February 2016, 11:03:AM.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps
    Tags: None

Re: How do I calculate s.69 Statutory Interest @ 8% per year ?

https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-...k-out-interest
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X