• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclay Card Partial Settlement Issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclay Card Partial Settlement Issue

Hi, I wonder if I can get some impartial advice regarding a situation I find myself in.
    Ive been on a DMP for the last 6 years, most of my creditors defaulted within the first 6 months (a result!).
    BarclayCard didnt, and have always continued to charge interest on the account, but have always accepted the reduced payments proposed by my Debt Management, Management Company.
    Last year I was contacted and a reduced settlement was offered to wipe out the remaining debt. I wrote letters of confirmation and acceptance, and they accepted in writing and closed the account.
    Checking my Experian credit report, I find BC have registered a delinquency of 6 missed payments against the account (only slightly less damaging than an outright default), but the do report the account as "Partially Settled". This is the only entry on my credit score that is against me, and has hit my score pretty hard.

Now, my questions are ..
    1. Is this right ? having never missed a payment to them in the last 7 years, and them still charged interest on the account, it doesnt strike me as "fair"
    2, If I were to write to them and ask them to re-open the account, and I repay the outstanding amount pre-settlement would this be something they would consider & if they did, would they remove the delinquency / amend the report to the Credit Reference Agency's ?

Any advice / opinions greatly received as this is having an adverse effect on a potential mortgage application
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X