• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Re-conditioned Engine Scam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re-conditioned Engine Scam

Is it a mobile or landline number if its a mobile it will be a PAYG not easily traceable probably a false address as in most other scams the money is no doubt long gone

Comment

Why are all these companies under the same address?

- - - Updated - - -

Its a landline number and he is still answering it.

Comment

Originally posted by douglake View Post
        Why are all these companies under the same address?

- - - Updated - - -

Its a landline number and he is still answering it.

Then I would ring him up and ask him a few questions about his involvement in and with UK engine supplies. Better still I'd go and see him if its close enough to you.

But I'm only saying what I would do......... what you do is your decision to make of your own accord.

Sparkie

That's me................I'm a sort of aggressive type if and when wrongly provoked

Comment

I am in scotland but I will go see him! He is still on the number i gave you. Have you tried phoning him?

Comment

I can't see a Unit 21 at British Wharf Industrial Estate - seems to only go up to Unit 10 as of May 2015 but these signs aren't usually most reliable and google street view doesn't drive into the estate.

What does he say when you speak to him ?

You say you have done a lot of research on this which has led you to believe it is a scam. Could you point us to anything which made you come to that conclusion - it may assist in researching.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I googled is uk engine supplies a scam. They have been trading under lots of names. uk engine supplies ukenginereplacement uk engine service. lots of people have had no engines.

Comment

If you call does it switch through to another number and is the STD code for the area the address is in?

Comment

Ok, Have you spoken with Trading Standards ?

Have you got the website addresses for these different trading names - how did you come across the company and make the order - through a website or through ebay etc ?
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Also what is the email address.
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

www.ukenginessupplies.co.uk

Comment

Ahh good they've already been reported and taken down.

Domain owner stuff
                        Domain name:
                        ukenginessupplies.co.uk

Registrant:
                        Engines 2 U

Registrant type:
                        Other UK Entity (e.g. clubs, associations, many universities)

Registrant's address:
                        228 Waterloo Street
                        BOLTON
                        BL1 8HU
                        United Kingdom

Data validation:
                        Nominet was not able to match the registrant's name and/or address against a 3rd party source
                        Probably not a real address either.

belongs to a scrap merchants - https://www.yell.com/biz/metro-salva...olton-7638004/

THEY MAY NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT - but you could call them and ask if they know anything about UKenginesupplies etc.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

and the email address ?
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

email is ukenginereplacement@gmail.com

Comment

Ughhh. That doesn't bode well really.

Did you order the engine through the website ukenginessupplies.co.uk ?
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Heres an idea - http://urlm.co.uk/www.ukenginessupplies.co.uk

Contact his website hosting provider UK2 - He could well have given them his actual name and address and not his false name or address. Advise them of your situation and that you would like the name and address of the owner of the domain name with a view of issuing court proceedings against him! If they try hide behind the data protection act 1998 advise them that you could take them to court in order to get an order from the courts ordering them to disclose said details and they would liable to your costs! (blanging it, i know!)
                                Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X