• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

AKINIKA and PAYPAL hounding me for negative balance on paypal due to Fraud

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AKINIKA and PAYPAL hounding me for negative balance on paypal due to Fraud

Dear LegalBeagles,

ref- AKINIKA using bully boy tactics on ebay / paypal fraud

I recently let some one use my ebay to sell some items, first few items went through all ok, I kept no money and all money from paypal was transferred through to ?my friend? I have since found out that this is often termed as "Ebay Seller - Drop shipping !"

Things then went wrong - once the items were sold they were despatched with tracking info and regular email updates to the sellers. After a few weeks some items were received and some were not. Buyers put a claim in with paypal, then paypal automatically refunded even though tracking info was sent, and now there is a negative balance of over 1K. Paypal were informed of all tracking info during the process and both ebay and paypal were updated accordingly.

I have had up to 15-20 calls a day from paypal and ebay for weeks until I blocked their numbers. I have also reported the case to action fraud and have gained a crime number and ACTION FRAUD stated the case would be referred to their London office for further review and possible investigation.

Akinika phoned me yesterday 29/01/2016 and tried scare tactics with me. Akinika representative said they were acting on behalf of paypal and wanted me to confirm my full details, I gave them partial details as it all sounded quite bogus. They said they had been referred the debt through from paypal and I had to pay off the debt. I advised Akinika that the paypal negative had been reported to fraud and a crime number was given. I advised them to take the crime number and they said they would not and it did not matter. They said - Ebay was in my name and the debt with paypal was now mine. I advised Akinika that action fraud had advised me to pay no debt off in relation to a FRAUD, Akinika rep said that it was not legal and I still had to clear the debt. I advised I was not clearing no debt when I had no money from the fraud / scam and I had provided Action Fraud that all money had been transferred over to the person selling the items.

I also advised Akinika that after speaking to the person who had used my ebay they had stated that paypal had now traced their isp and link to my ebay and had redeemed a large quantity of money from their bank account and also some from their paypal too. Akinika rep advised I was still liable for the full debt and if I did not pay it they would refer it through to bailiffs. I advised the Akinika rep that I would not pay the debt as I was not liable for it and then put the phone down.

I am now in a worry and turmoil. Today I received the first letter from Akinika re-".....Once we have confirmed your liability, our Collection Agents will be able to assess your financial circumstances...........etc... how to best repay this out standing debt"

I have no funds to pay the debt even if I could - and why should I when the debt was part of a bigger fraud (which I was in no way part of) - Action fraud are also referring the fraud as possible scamming and fraud from the buyers too as they lied to ebay during the dispute process.

I also think there may be small unpaid seller fees on eBay as there is no means to pay ebay as Paypal have suspended the account. Should eBay not write seller fees off when they were in relation to the fraud too?

I'm currently out of work and receive no benefit due to previously being self employed and awaiting surgery.

How do I put up a plan of action and case against AKINIKA or paypal/ebay to combat the harassment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

Re: AKINIKA and PAYPAL hounding me for negative balance on paypal due to Fraud

Originally posted by TrustNoOne View Post
    Dear LegalBeagles,

ref- AKINIKA using bully boy tactics on ebay / paypal fraud

I recently let some one use my ebay to sell some items, first few items went through all ok, I kept no money and all money from paypal was transferred through to ?my friend? I have since found out that this is often termed as "Ebay Seller - Drop shipping !"

Things then went wrong - once the items were sold they were despatched with tracking info and regular email updates to the sellers. After a few weeks some items were received and some were not. Buyers put a claim in with paypal, then paypal automatically refunded even though tracking info was sent, and now there is a negative balance of over 1K. Paypal were informed of all tracking info during the process and both ebay and paypal were updated accordingly.

I have had up to 15-20 calls a day from paypal and ebay for weeks until I blocked their numbers. I have also reported the case to action fraud and have gained a crime number and ACTION FRAUD stated the case would be referred to their London office for further review and possible investigation.

Akinika phoned me yesterday 29/01/2016 and tried scare tactics with me. Akinika representative said they were acting on behalf of paypal and wanted me to confirm my full details, I gave them partial details as it all sounded quite bogus. They said they had been referred the debt through from paypal and I had to pay off the debt. I advised Akinika that the paypal negative had been reported to fraud and a crime number was given. I advised them to take the crime number and they said they would not and it did not matter. They said - Ebay was in my name and the debt with paypal was now mine. I advised Akinika that action fraud had advised me to pay no debt off in relation to a FRAUD, Akinika rep said that it was not legal and I still had to clear the debt. I advised I was not clearing no debt when I had no money from the fraud / scam and I had provided Action Fraud that all money had been transferred over to the person selling the items.

I also advised Akinika that after speaking to the person who had used my ebay they had stated that paypal had now traced their isp and link to my ebay and had redeemed a large quantity of money from their bank account and also some from their paypal too. Akinika rep advised I was still liable for the full debt and if I did not pay it they would refer it through to bailiffs. I advised the Akinika rep that I would not pay the debt as I was not liable for it and then put the phone down.

I am now in a worry and turmoil. Today I received the first letter from Akinika re-".....Once we have confirmed your liability, our Collection Agents will be able to assess your financial circumstances...........etc... how to best repay this out standing debt"

I have no funds to pay the debt even if I could - and why should I when the debt was part of a bigger fraud (which I was in no way part of) - Action fraud are also referring the fraud as possible scamming and fraud from the buyers too as they lied to ebay during the dispute process.

I also think there may be small unpaid seller fees on eBay as there is no means to pay ebay as Paypal have suspended the account. Should eBay not write seller fees off when they were in relation to the fraud too?

I'm currently out of work and receive no benefit due to previously being self employed and awaiting surgery.

How do I put up a plan of action and case against AKINIKA or paypal/ebay to combat the harassment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Hi welcome to LB

You would be wise to inform Akinika formally that a fraud investigation has been started and is ongoing and
    you cannot therefore discuss any thing with them.
    Quote the crime number.

Send ny signed for post and check the date received.

nem

Comment

Thank you Nem - I was wondering if I also needed to send them a prove it letter too.

I have spoken to the person who used my ebay, and they have recommended I put Akinika in touch with them as well for them to settle the debt direct with Akinika - although not sure how to refer the debt from Akinika to them since it was created by the person using my account.

Is there a proforma you know of available on here for me to to state I am unwilling to discuss anything with them (Akinika) when a fraud case has been started.

I will send by signed for post and make a record of when received thanks. Is signed for preferred over special delivery too?

Kind regards TrustNo1

Comment

Thank you Nem - I was wondering if I also needed to send them a prove it letter too.

I have spoken to the person who used my ebay, and they have recommended I put Akinika in touch with them as well for them to settle the debt direct with Akinika - although not sure how to refer the debt from Akinika to them since it was created by the person using my account.

Is there a proforma you know of available on here for me to to state I am unwilling to discuss anything with them (Akinika) when a fraud case has been started.

I will send by signed for post and make a record of when received thanks. Is signed for preferred over special delivery too?

Kind regards TrustNo1
        Certainly put Akinika in touch with your friend, not sure what their take is on 3rd party use of accounts.

nem.

Comment

from what I understand some one can take over the debt if they are given permission to do so, though I have not come across this before I have heard it happen.

However wouldn't that just be like Akinika taking over the recovery from paypal... - except that I am putting the recovery agent in touch with the people /person who created the debt originally.

I am compiling the letter "refusal to discuss due to fraud case started and under investigation etc, whilst quoting crime number" - I was wondering if I should mail ebay/paypal at head office it is under investigation too, though not sure which head office I would refer the documents to.

Thanks for all help and advice

Comment

from what I understand some one can take over the debt if they are given permission to do so, though I have not come across this before I have heard it happen.

However wouldn't that just be like Akinika taking over the recovery from paypal... - except that I am putting the recovery agent in touch with the people /person who created the debt originally.

I am compiling the letter "refusal to discuss due to fraud case started and under investigation etc, whilst quoting crime number" - I was wondering if I should mail ebay/paypal at head office it is under investigation too, though not sure which head office I would refer the documents to.

Thanks for all help and advice
            Keep all communication in writing by signed for post.
            To the office that is contacting you.

nem

Comment

I'm in the same situation but i never contacted anyone yet, I'm a 18 y/o student who has no income and i wamt to transfer the debt to my friend since he created it but idk who to contact. akinika has just sent their second email to me and I'm slightly worried, i still got the statement of me transferring the money to my friends account. Someone please guide me through the process of transferring the debt onto that dickhead

Comment

The OP has not come back unlikely the Creditor or their agents would accept transfer of a debt what guarantees would they have the 3rd party could be leaving the country forever in a few days/weeks

Comment

Originally posted by Brandino365 View Post
                  I'm in the same situation but i never contacted anyone yet, I'm a 18 y/o student who has no income and i wamt to transfer the debt to my friend since he created it but idk who to contact. akinika has just sent their second email to me and I'm slightly worried, i still got the statement of me transferring the money to my friends account. Someone please guide me through the process of transferring the debt onto that dickhead
                  Good morning, welcome to LB,

What is the situation in regard this account, did your friend use your account with your permission?
                  Or did you "run" a transaction for him/her which subsequently failed?

nem

Comment

Hi, I'm in a similar situation.

I was doing some drop shipping with someone over the course of 5 months or so, which was going ok, there were a few chargebacks but they always paid those back to me. What they would also do occasionally is ask me to receive some payments into my paypal and send them over in bitcoins. I can buy bitcoins easily so it wasn't a problem for me, I always could keep some commission.

Then a few months ago I had some trouble with my ebay (related to the drop shipping too), so my ebay account was suspended. The guys I was drop shipping with continued to buy bitcoins from me, with me receiving the payments directly, it went fine for a few weeks. Then they asked me to receive a bunch of payments, totaling around £250, I agreed, withdrew the money, bought bitcoins and sent it to them.

A a couple of weeks later most of the payments were charged back. I didn't know what the payments were for, how to deal with them, so I just accepted the refund without disputing, bringing my paypal balance into negative. I kept trying to contact the guy I sent the money to, but he just disappeared, never replied, blocked me in the end.

A few months and some "restore your balance" emails from paypal later, I got an email from a company called Arvato, trying to contact me about the paypal debt. I replied to that explaining I was scammed, currently don't have a way of paying, but will settle it when I can. They didn't reply, but today I got another email just saying to call them, and I got a letter by post telling me I have 14 days to respond before it goes to court.

What would be the best way to deal with this situation?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X