Results 1 to 1 of 1
27th January 2016, 06:32:AM #1
The Bills of Exchange Act (1882) - WARNING
Despite the hundreds of wins and useful information, it seems a few people have latched on to the quoted letter below.
I love these cases...
I recently had two, and never had to pay either.
Copy and paste this......
Re: (Met Parking Ref No.....)
Dear Sir / Madam,
I am NOT going to pay you any money, unless and until you can fulfill the following conditions.
1. Validation of the alleged debt (the actual accounting), not a Photostat copy.
2. Verification of your claim against me (a sworn affidavit or a hand signed invoice in accordance with The Bills of Exchange Act (1882));
3. A copy of any alleged contract signed by both parties and therefore binding both parties.
4. Evidence and absolute proof that the car-park was being used by me, other than in accordance with your, or McDonald's, terms and conditions.
5. Absolute proof by way of verified and signed accounts, not Photostat copies, of any actual loss to McDonald's.
6. A signed copy of any contract you have with McDonald's, showing authorisation from them for the exorbitant charges you are demanding.
Under common law, and in accordance with unfair consumer contract regulations, the cost of any penalty claimed, must reflect the damages and loss suffered by the company issuing it.
England is a common law jurisdiction, and in accordance with Common Law, I do not have to prove anything.
I hereby give you ten (10) days to reply to this notice from the above date with a notice sent using recorded post and signed under full commercial liability and penalties of perjury, assuring and promising me that all of the replies and details given to the above requests are true and without deception, fraud or mischief. Your said failure to provide the aforementioned documentation within ten (10) days, from the above date, to validate the debt, will constitute your agreement to the following terms:
1. That the debt did not exist in the first place;
2. It has already been paid in full;
3. That any damages suffered, you will be held culpable;
4. That you will not appoint an agent to act on its/your behalf in this matter and that any negative remarks made to any debt enforcement company or credit reference agency will be removed, and will be subject to £5000.00 in damages.
5. You will no longer pursue this matter any further.
6. You agree to pay all fee schedules.
I wish to deal with this matter in writing and I do not give your organization permission to contact me by any other means. Should you do so, I must warn you that this could constitute ‘harassment' and I may take action under Section 1 of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 and the Administration of Justice Act 1970 S.40, which makes it a Criminal Offence for a creditor or a creditor's agent to make demands (for money), which are aimed at causing 'alarm, distress or humiliation', because of their frequency or manner..
Once you have sent this by recorded, signed for post. You probably will not get a response.
Or Met Parking may very well try to fob you off with another demand.
If they do, let me know.
We go on then to letter No 2. which I will post for you then.
It's a crock of shite !
As advised on the charge notice an appeal can be made in writing within 28 days from the date of the contravention as your correspondence was received ,the time for lodging an appeal has expired and charge notice is outstanding and payable.
Works well, huh ? [/sarcasm]
Last edited by mystery1; 27th January 2016 at 07:01:AM.********************************Signature********* ************************
Private messages are off as all help on this site is on board.
I can only help with what you tell me. Post up information (other than names and addresses!).
I NEVER enter any appeals or court documentation on your behalf. This is your responsibility.
Upload images to your thread like this .Email email@example.com if you can't upload images/documents. She doesn't own a crystal ball as far as i'm aware so link to your thread or tell her how to find it !
If you want to tell someone YOU were driving, go to confession.
I,I,I,I,I,I should be avoided unless you are Jim Diamond.
By rampant84 in forum Vehicle Finance and IssuesReplies: 9: 22nd June 2014, 15:57:PM
By chtp0103 in forum PPI - Payment Protection Insurance ReclaimingReplies: 0: 12th April 2012, 16:39:PM
By Have Issues in forum Welcome ForumReplies: 2: 22nd October 2010, 18:29:PM