• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - Hoist Portfolio / Lloyds - 14-1-2016

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Claim - Hoist Portfolio / Lloyds - 14-1-2016

Received a claim? Yes
    Issue Date: 14-1-2016
    Amount approx: 1200
    Claimant: Hoist Portfolio
    Solicitor: Howard cohen and co
    Original Credit: Lloyds

Particulars of Claim:

Stat Barred? No

Have sent: Acknowledged the Claim

Other Info:
    Around the time the default is dated I was having huge issues and became homeless for a while, I thought that everything was clear on the bank account ( obviously not) so the sums that these [people are asking for don't comprehend at all. I have been living at my current address for 3 years and it is only recently these people have been in touch.as they were just demanding the money with no documentation I thought they were charlatans. I have registered with the court that I intend to defend this as I have no documentation showing me how such an amount occurred. I would really appreciate the help from you guys as I don't want to be back in that dark place I was in back in 2011/12. I am doing my best to help myself so just a little guidance will go a long way. Thankyou
    Tags: None

Re: Court Claim - Hoist Portfolio / Lloyds - 14-1-2016

Originally posted by Chippy67 View Post
    Received a claim? Yes
    Issue Date: 14-1-2016
    Amount approx: 1200
    Claimant: Hoist Portfolio
    Solicitor: Howard cohen and co
    Original Credit: Lloyds

Particulars of Claim:

Stat Barred? No

Have sent: Acknowledged the Claim

Other Info:
    Around the time the default is dated I was having huge issues and became homeless for a while, I thought that everything was clear on the bank account ( obviously not) so the sums that these [people are asking for don't comprehend at all. I have been living at my current address for 3 years and it is only recently these people have been in touch.as they were just demanding the money with no documentation I thought they were charlatans. I have registered with the court that I intend to defend this as I have no documentation showing me how such an amount occurred. I would really appreciate the help from you guys as I don't want to be back in that dark place I was in back in 2011/12. I am doing my best to help myself so just a little guidance will go a long way. Thankyou
    Good afternoon. welcome to LB,

I presume this is a bank account with overdraft?
    Please either post a copy of the N1 claim form after removing your name and address and the claim number.
    Or type in the " Statement of Claim verbatim.

It will assist in getting you the correct advice.

nem

Comment

Hi ,thankyou for the reply. I filled out the form and that part never showed so here it is again. I have used general £amounts that are close to the actual.

The claim is for the sum of £1200? in respect of monies owing pursuant to an overdraft facility under bank account no. xxxxxxxx
      The debt was legally assigned by MKDP LLP ( ex lloyds banking group) to the claimant and notice has been served.The defendant has failed to repay overdrawn sums owing under the terms and conditions of the bank account.
      The claimant claims
      1. the sum of £1200
      2.Interest pursuant to s69 of the county court act 1984 at a rate of 8.00percent from the 8/07/11 to the date hereof 1647 is the sum of £447
      3.future interest accruing at the daily fee of £ .27
      4. costs

Comment

Hi again just bumping this as I could do with some help as to what to do next
        Thankyou

Comment

Hi again just bumping this as I could do with some help as to what to do next
          Thankyou
          Difficult one as there is nothing in the way of documentation in the statement of claim other than the mention
          of the assignment.
          A CCA request is of no use as the OD does not have a regulated agreement.

Apart from sending Cohen a formal letter stating that you do not acknowledge and have no knowledge
          of a debt for this amount and asking for proof of the alleged debt it's going to be difficult to defend.

I can help with a letter if you wish.

nem

Comment

Hi Nem
            That would be brilliant if you could help with a letter. I really have not seen anything that explains how the initial figure from TSB amounts to that much when I didn't realise there was a debt in the first place.
            Thankyou again

Comment

Hi Nem
              That would be brilliant if you could help with a letter. I really have not seen anything that explains how the initial figure from TSB amounts to that much when I didn't realise there was a debt in the first place.
              Thankyou again
              Hello Chippy.
              I'll put something together tomorrow as I'm about to go out.

nem

Comment

Thankyou again Nem, I`m truly grateful for your help
                Thankyou

Comment

Hi Nem. I know your busy sorting everyone out but I wondered if you had had a go at a letter for me to send
                  Sorry to bother you again

Comment

Hi Nem. I know your busy sorting everyone out but I wondered if you had had a go at a letter for me to send
                    Sorry to bother you again
                    I'm on it now Chippy. my son is in hospital for open heart surgery so been a bit hectic,
                    nem

Comment

Ok Chippy,

For the attention of
                      The Principal Solicitor
                      Howard Cohen & Co

date...........................
                      Ref: Claim No. ....................:

Sir / Madam.

I refer you to the above mentioned claim issued on behalf of Hoist Portfolio for an alleged debt which
                      is claimed to arise from an account with Lloyds bank,

I have check my banking history an can not reconcile the amount claimed nor can I find and trace
                      of any bank details resembling such an account.

I have therefore to require Howard Cohen & Co to provide me with details of what type of account
                      the alleged debt arises from and how the figure claimed is made up. Nor do I recognise the account
                      number quoted.
                      No proof or details of the alleged debt have been provided and I have no documents in my
                      possession and the statement of claim is so vague that it is impossible for me to compile a defence

I Howard Cohen & Co and or it's client cannot provide documents that it is intended to rely on in
                      court I suggest it would be appropriate to withdraw the claim.

Yours etc.

use signed for post.

nem

Comment

Hi Nem.
                        I must thankyou for all you for all you are doing for me.
                        I have sent the letter ,recorded delivery today and I guess I now await the reply but would I be right in thinking that I should let the court know what is happening and if so would I do that via a phone/email or on the courts website?
                        I do feel like I can breath again even if only for a short while.
                        Thankyou Chippy

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                        X