• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** DISCONTINUED **Court claim - Orange / Lowell 06-01-2016

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court claim - Orange / Lowell 06-01-2016

Thanks for the quick response Nemesis45. I'll reply to that effect and see what happens next.

Comment

Well I thought I would give you the courtesy of an update on this. I was giving it some time to see if anything would eventually show up but so far nothing has. The case was transferred to the Nottingham Court after I couldn't agree to mediation which was disagreed with on 21st March 2016. We're now into September and I still haven't heard anything. I'm going to give it until 21st September - being exactly 6 months - until I consider this case closed. Thanks for your help with this Amethyst and Nemesis45 - it was and is greatly appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by flammableeye View Post
        Well I thought I would give you the courtesy of an update on this. I was giving it some time to see if anything would eventually show up but so far nothing has. The case was transferred to the Nottingham Court after I couldn't agree to mediation which was disagreed with on 21st March 2016. We're now into September and I still haven't heard anything. I'm going to give it until 21st September - being exactly 6 months - until I consider this case closed. Thanks for your help with this Amethyst and Nemesis45 - it was and is greatly appreciated!
        Hello welcome back!

Have you checked with the court on the status of the claim i.e. the claim may have been stayed by the court if the claimant has not responded.
        You are not advised when this happen.

If the claim is stayed then you could consider applying to have the claim struck out, either by writing to Lowell suggesting that it seems they have no reasonable chance of going forward they should discontinue the claim at their cost.

Or application to the court Form N244 ( fee payable).

nem

Comment

Hi Nemesis, is there any reason to get the claim struck out if it has been stayed?

Comment

is there any reason to get the claim struck out if it has been stayed?
            Unless I've misread your first post this claim is for £296.66 + interest.

The cost of making an application to strike out the claim is £255.

That may help to answer your question.

Di

Comment

The case was transferred to the Nottingham Court after I couldn't agree to mediation which was disagreed with on 21st March 2016. We're now into September and I still haven't heard anything. I'm going to give it until 21st September - being exactly 6 months - until I consider this case closed.
              If this claim was transferred to Nottingham County Court (your nearest?) because Mediation didn't take place in March, were you not sent a Notice of Hearing and Directions by the court which would have told you (and the Claimant) to file Witness Statements and given the Claimant a deadline for paying the hearing fee etc?

I'm not sure why it would be stayed if it's already been allocated to the county court.

A case never gets "closed". It can be adjourned, dismissed, discontinued or struck out but all of these require somebody doing something which you should get to hear about officially.

Why not call Nottingham County Court to see what's happening in case their Order to you went astray in the post (if they sent one that is).

Di

Comment

With regards to court fees, it's worth checking if you qualify for fee remission. It's easy to qualify if you are receiving income-based benefits like JSA/ESA/HB, etc.

Comment

Good afternoon,

Right, I now have a brief conclusion to all of the above.

Since approx April 2016 until February 2017 nothing had occurred with this. Apparently the Court had lost some information which they wrote to me about in February 2017, requesting a copy of my defense.

Having replied to them with this, a court date was then set for 23rd August.

Roughly a week ago I received a letter from the claimants stating they had decided to discontinue legal proceedings (with an enclosed Notice of Discontinuance).

Thank you for everyone who took the time to assist with this, it is much appreciated.

Sam

Comment

That's great flammableeye, just a shame you had it lurking in the background for so long due to the courts cock up.... but still, done with now, Congratulations
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X