• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Proof of identity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Proof of identity

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
    Ok

If it were me* I wouldn't send any documents to anyone without instructions from the court.

There's no harm in drafting a WS, though. It could serve as an aide-memoire for the prelim.

*Others may have different thoughts.
    Hello,

Just a aquick question maybe you can help me with:
    I sent my witness statement last week as instructed by the court, but now I have found some paperwork related to the case. Will it be ok to send along with a cover letter or should I wait until the court date?

Comment

AfaIk, it should be ok.

Same format as before (Header (Claimant v icrina) Claim no XXXXXXXX).
      SUPPLEMENTAL WITNESS STATEMENT (DEFENDANT)
      Signed statement of truth.
      1 copy to court, 1 to Claimant's sols.
      Covering letter - "Please find enclosed supplemental WS"
      Proof of posting where applicable.

I'll give @Diana M , @nemesis45, [MENTION=551]pt2537[/MENTION] & @R0b a nudge for further input.
      Last edited by charitynjw; 13th April 2017, 13:23:PM.
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hello Icrina,

There's template WS in the green box above make a draft WS and post here and we will go through it with yoy.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
          Hello Icrina,

There's template WS in the green box above make a draft WS and post here and we will go through it with yoy.

nem
          Thank you for that , WS has been sent last week already but I have just found some documents that I believe will be in my favour , so I was just wondering if I can still send them to the court , as a supplement for my WS

Comment

Originally posted by icrina53 View Post
            Thank you for that , WS has been sent last week already but I have just found some documents that I believe will be in my favour , so I was just wondering if I can still send them to the court , as a supplement for my WS
            You would need to get permission to amend your defence Icrina,
            What is the "favourable" information"?

nem

Comment

You would need to get permission to amend your defence Icrina
              The OP does not need to amend her Defence.

These documents relate to the WS which she has recently filed and she feels she has omitted evidence which she should have included in that WS or exhibited with it.

Di

Comment

You would need to get permission to amend your defence Icrina,
                What is the "favourable" information"?

nem
                I have made a SAR request to Vanquis. and they sent me back an application form exactly as Lowells but with a different account number on it. The rest of details including the time and date of the application etc.are exactly the same I had a freemans account with them but I paid it off in 2010 and it shows as satisfied on my credit report. The question is : Is it possible and legal for Vanquis to have issued me with more than one account under one application?
                Lowell is chasing me for a credit card debt that has a totally different account number to what Vanquis has provided me with.
                Also the application was in 2009 , Lovell ahs provided a list of transactions that start in 2010 , so did I have accredit card and not used it for a year? it is all very strange. From the list of transactions around £835 was spend and the rest up to £2150 are charges

Comment

I have made a SAR request to Vanquis. and they sent me back an application form exactly as Lowells but with a different account number on it. The rest of details including the time and date of the application etc.are exactly the same I had a freemans account with them but I paid it off in 2010 and it shows as satisfied on my credit report. The question is : Is it possible and legal for Vanquis to have issued me with more than one account under one application?
                  Lowell is chasing me for a credit card debt that has a totally different account number to what Vanquis has provided me with.
                  Also the application was in 2009 , Lovell ahs provided a list of transactions that start in 2010 , so did I have accredit card and not used it for a year? it is all very strange. From the list of transactions around £835 was spend and the rest up to £2150 are charges
                  Hello Icrina,

It is possible I've seen one case where a credit card account in the name of the bank was issued side by side with a store branded card it took some time to sort out.

BTW Lowell being as helpful as usual change account numbers to suit there system.
                  You could state that you have never held and account with the number quoted!
                  It will be interesting to see what the SAR shows up.

nem

Comment

I have made a SAR request to Vanquis. and they sent me back an application form exactly as Lowells but with a different account number on it. The rest of details including the time and date of the application etc.are exactly the same

. . . The question is : Is it possible and legal for Vanquis to have issued me with more than one account under one application?
                    Also the application was in 2009 , Lovell ahs provided a list of transactions that start in 2010 , so did I have accredit card and not used it for a year?
                    So you've filed your WS and are now preparing for the hearing. You are wisely running forensics over the documents which Lowells have produced.

You've received your SAR from Vanquis and you've spotted what appears to be an inconsistency with the document (credit agreement) in the SAR and the document which Lowells have produced for the court.

You're asking yourself whether it's possible that the original creditor opened two accounts for you. Maybe the question is: has Lowells produced an inaccurate reconstituted version?

You say everything else on the agreement is the same except for the date. Have you got the Transaction Log included in your SAR so you can see when the account was opened etc etc?

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
                      So you've filed your WS and are now preparing for the hearing. You are wisely running forensics over the documents which Lowells have produced.

You've received your SAR from Vanquis and you've spotted what appears to be an inconsistency with the document (credit agreement) in the SAR and the document which Lowells have produced for the court.

You're asking yourself whether it's possible that the original creditor opened two accounts for you. Maybe the question is: has Lowells produced an inaccurate reconstituted version?

You say everything else on the agreement is the same except for the date. Have you got the Transaction Log included in your SAR so you can see when the account was opened etc etc?

Di
                      Everything is exactly the same including the date and the time.
                      The SAR came back with this application with a different account number than lowells and a set of terms , that's all. Now on Lowells transaction list the card number remains the same but the account numbers were changed twice, does that mean the agreement was varied? or not necessarily .

Comment

BTW Lowell being as helpful as usual change account numbers to suit there system.
                        You could state that you have never held and account with the number quoted!
                        It will be interesting to see what the SAR shows up.
                        This is true that Lowells renumber accounts in their system.

However the document they have produced for the court is supposed to be the original credit agreement (or a reconstituted version based on fact) so it can't have an account number which wasn't in existence at the time (2009/10) if it's an 'honest and accurate' recon.

The document in the OP's possession comes direct from the original creditor in response to their SAR Request so the account number on that document is reliable (one would think).

Di

Comment

Also the default notice was issued in 2013 for account X , but the account number was changed into Y two years previously . I don't think is Lowell that plays with the numbers but Vanquis.
                          I have asked in my SAR request all the details about the account I know I had with them plus any other account that I might have with them and this is everything they sent. Were is Lowells getting all this transactions, defaults etc from s I am unable to get them from Vanquis?

Comment

The SAR came back with this application with a different account number than lowells and a set of terms , that's all. Now on Lowells transaction list the card number remains the same but the account numbers were changed twice .
                            Does this mean that Lowells have not produced any Ts & Cs with the agreement?

This is where you need to be careful.

Don't shoot yourself in the foot by producing a bona fide credit agreement (with all the Ts & Cs from your SAR) to prove that Lowells haven't. The DJ could say "thank you very much for disclosing the real deal which proves the Claimant's case for them".

This is in the Small Claims Track where the Defendant doesn't have to disclose all documents in their possession. So don't if they'll harm your case.

You'll need to be selective about what you disclose while at the same time picking holes in what they have produced.

No one said it was going to be easy

Any sign of a Default Notice from Lowells and any reference to one in your SAR (in the Transaction Log)?

Di

Comment

Also the default notice was issued in 2013 for account X , but the account number was changed into Y two years previously . I don't think is Lowell that plays with the numbers but Vanquis.
                              I have asked in my SAR request all the details about the account I know I had with them plus any other account that I might have with them and this is everything they sent. Were is Lowells getting all this transactions, defaults etc from s I am unable to get them from Vanquis?
                              Exactly!

Is your name on the any documents produced by Lowells. There was a case on this forum recently where the OP had a common name Ms Smith (or similar) and on closer examination the transactions produced were for a different Ms Smith with a different date of birth and a different initial.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
                                This is true that Lowells renumber accounts in their system.

However the document they have produced for the court is supposed to be the original credit agreement (or a reconstituted version based on fact) so it can't have an account number which wasn't in existence at the time (2009/10) if it's an 'honest and accurate' recon.

The document in the OP's possession comes direct from the original creditor in response to their SAR Request so the account number on that document is reliable (one would think).

Di
                                You would indeed hope that an OC would provide proper documents but I've seen Vanquis provide a 3rd parties app form with just the name address over written but without the correct account number this was a couple of years back so they might have smartened up a bit now.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X