• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Civil Enforcement Ltd - county court claim, is this letter genuine?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Civil Enforcement Ltd - county court claim, is this letter genuine?

Originally posted by emanresu View Post
    It is common practice now for them to promise Particulars in 14 days but not send them. You'd better put in a defence of some sort before the 28 days is up.
    Sorry but that is just wrong.

M1
    Last edited by mystery1; 10th February 2016, 14:36:PM.

Comment

Something like this?

Sir,

​Your reference: xxxxxxxxxxx County Court claim No. xxxxxxxxxxx

Regarding the County Court claim it was issued on 20th Jan 2016 with particulars to follow within 14 days of service of claim. At time of writing it is 17 days since service of claim and particulars have not been received. Contact with yourselves has been tried via telephone, the number for your legal team is a recorded message with answerphone asking for a contact number so you can return the call. There is no option to hold to speak to a person regarding this. A message was left on your answerphone on 9th Feb 2016 requesting the particulars and a contact number was left. At time of writing the call has not been returned.

The courts have been contacted and they confirm particulars have not been received as of 9th Feb 2016.

I write to you requesting the particulars of the claim.

Comment

:okay:

Email should be fine.

M1

Comment

No email address given

https://www.ce-service.co.uk/contact-us.html

Comment

office@ce-service.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Mike, but now there is no need, the particulars were received today.

Attached is everything sent.

As you can see, there is no photographic evidence, yet on the initial PCN there was a single photo of the car - it was a close up that didn't indicate where it was taken.

Can they add to particulars at a later date?
              Attached Files

Comment

So, it's your wife who has the claim and she was not driving ?

M1

Comment

That is correct.

Comment

I'll get back to you soon.

M1

Comment

Thankyou so much.

We are away from Sat 13th Feb to Sunday 21st and ideally want to get the defence uploaded before we go away, but no worries if thats too soon, I can do it on the 21st upon our return.

I realise technically I have a bit longer to upload my defence since particulars were received today - but unless there is very good reason to do it last minute I'd rather get it in before the original 28 day deadline.

Regards

Comment

I'll try to do it tonight.

M1

Comment

jaymdefence.odt

Edit to suit.

M1

Comment

Uploaded, many thanks M1

J

Comment

I suggest you contact the SRA.

contactcentre@sra.org.uk

Dear Sir/Madam,

I write to you to enquire about Mr Michael David Schwartz #118966 who was/is subject to control of practice as per http://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/soli...ticle?decision

It is my understanding that "Mr Schwartz shall act as a solicitor only in employment, the arrangements for which have been approved by the SRA."

As he is lodging claim forms with the courts, i would like to enquire if any arrangements are in place to allow him to do so ?

Yours Sincerely

[MENTION=70704]emanresu[/MENTION] of http://www.bmpa.eu/ tells me that they have already let the cat out of the bag that there are no arrangements however i advise that you get your own confirmation in case it comes in handy during this matter.

This has no effect on the court timescales and we must keep to those.

M1

Comment

I have just sent the SRA the email, thanks M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X