• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Civil Enforcement Ltd - county court claim, is this letter genuine?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Civil Enforcement Ltd - county court claim, is this letter genuine?

I have had a reply from the SRA

Thank you for your email of 24 February 2016.

We are currently waiting information from another team within the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) before we can fully respond to your enquiry.

I will contact you again once I receive a response. Unfortunately the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) are unable to advise if we have received a request for permission of employment.

If you have concerns about conduct of a solicitor or believe an individual is practising against any of our guidelines then please send your information toreport@sra.org.uk.

If you have any further queries in the meantime, please Contact Us.

Thank you for contacting the Solicitors Regulation Authority.

Yours sincerely

Comment

Also receipt of Defence was sent from the County Court dated 15th Feb, so I assume CEL have 28 days + 5 to proceed?

The receipt also stated if they don't respond within 28 days the claim is "stayed" - what exactly does that mean?

Thanks

Comment

I think service is 2 days for that but essentially yes.

Stayed = placed on hold, filed away in a drawer etc and if it is then it means either party needs to take a step, such as an application, to remove the stay.

M1

Comment

Sorry for the very long period between updates, but basically nothing has happened, the claim was indeed stayed, and there has been no correspondence from either CEL or the Court.

Comment

Since March 2016 ? Blimey.

Have you checked with the court just to be sure it's just still stayed ? Might be worth doing.

Could possibly consider an application to strike out... but then have to weigh that up against poking the bear.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

To be honest I have no idea about what can or can't be done with a stayed case, or what the defence can do to get everything dropped / struck off. Just the info Mystery1 kindly gave saying either party can apply to remove the stay - I took that as making the claim live again... which I doubt is beneficial from my side.
              Last edited by Jay m; 23rd June 2017, 09:53:AM. Reason: typos

Comment

I'd tend to agree with you, I've got one against me stayed at the moment ( since January ) I've no intention of applying to strike as I'd rather they just forgot about it. lol.

I'd still ring court and check with them it is actually still stayed and nothing's happened you are unaware of.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X