• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Currys/PC world product support

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Currys/PC world product support

Hi I would appreciate some advice please. I recently noticed a charge in my credit card for product support. It appears that I have been paying £9.50 a month for somethings didn't agree to. This has gone in since Aug 2013. Fully recognise I should check my statements but we use the card for day to day purchases so small amounts just didn't register. I have never taken out an extended warranty and would not do so on a cheap item as a laptop (£330). I would also not pay regular payments via my credit card. Googling this gives a plethora of people who have been scammed by Currys. They have declined to refund any of the money. Just wondering if a small claims court claim may be successful. Any advice welcomed - but not check your statements next time. I've already learnt that lesson.

Many thanks.
    Tags: None

Re: Currys/PC world product support

Originally posted by Cathy711 View Post
    Hi I would appreciate some advice please. I recently noticed a charge in my credit card for product support. It appears that I have been paying £9.50 a month for somethings didn't agree to. This has gone in since Aug 2013. Fully recognise I should check my statements but we use the card for day to day purchases so small amounts just didn't register. I have never taken out an extended warranty and would not do so on a cheap item as a laptop (£330). I would also not pay regular payments via my credit card. Googling this gives a plethora of people who have been scammed by Currys. They have declined to refund any of the money. Just wondering if a small claims court claim may be successful. Any advice welcomed - but not check your statements next time. I've already learnt that lesson.

Many thanks.
    Good evening, welcome to LB,

Before considering small claims court action, you need to seek resolution with Currys.
    The best approach is to raise a Formal Complaint with Currys this obliges the company
    to fully investigate the complaint within 56 days.

A court would expect you to have attempted to resolve the matter before issuing a claim.

I presume you have cancelled the regular payments.

nem

Comment

Hi yes did so immediately. Thanks for that. I will write them formally and send it recorded delivery tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Cathy711 View Post
        Hi yes did so immediately. Thanks for that. I will write them formally and send it recorded delivery tomorrow.
        Good luck !! Please let us know the outcome.

BTW do you have the receipt / paperwork given to you at the time of purchase?

nem

Comment

No change to the advice given. I just want to explain what I think 'Nemesis' was touching on when saying "resolve the issue before making a claim".

Small claims courts are encouraging claimants to try and resolve matters through the use of an 'Alternative Dispute Resolution' scheme before taking court action. This is only where a trader willingly accepts mediation. if not, court is the only other option.

Simply ask the trader whether they are a member of an ADR scheme in the letter you send. This way atleast with a recorded delivery letter you can show a court you tried to negotiate as much as you possibly could.

Good Luck.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X