• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DCA search CRA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCA search CRA

Hi, I have old debts which are with many DCAs .I recently checked my credit report and saw several searches made by Cabot financial during the past year. Not only that they have made searches using my surname & middle name. I do not know why they have done this. I was actually paying thru a debt management plan until last month. Are they allowed to do a search without my permission. And also how can they use my middle name as well. Plus equifax says searches will only be visible for 1 year,but these searches are still showing up.?
    Does anyone know what can be done? Can I write to Cabot telling them it's illegal? Please advice
    Tags: None

Re: DCA search CRA

http://www.experian.co.uk/consumer/q...kjames227.html

and

https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/credit/

but basically, if Cabot have taken over a debt where there was originally consent or legitimate reason, then yes they most likely can search legally.

Or at least it's 'the line' of the ICO/authorities/CRAs that it's OK.

If done correctly, only you should see the searches.

Comment

[MENTION=1508]Nibbler[/MENTION] has answered your question about the searches.

Cabot are doing this because you have "woken them up" by stopping the DMP payments. Now they have done this, they realise you have a house as they will have seen your mortgage. I have replied on your other thread about this: http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...ht=#post611200

Comment

A debt purchaser inherits the right to search on and report to the credit reference agencies.
        " soft searches " e.g. tracing, address confirmation are seen by the data subject alon.

Searches listed as " debt collection or outstanding debt " are visible to others searching the files.

nem

Comment

Would expect DCAS check everyones CR and that CRAs pass on details unseen to others to these companies after all if you are in the business of buying debts you want to get your money and stand a better chance if the debtor has assets house etc

Comment

Some DCAs put collection searches through as the wrong type sometimes, but done as they should be they are only visible to the debtor.

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
              Would expect DCAS check everyones CR and that CRAs pass on details unseen to others to these companies after all if you are in the business of buying debts you want to get your money and stand a better chance if the debtor has assets house etc
              About 10 years ago I found that the " Kilmarnock Cowboys " Mackenzie Hall had made 12 searches ( all visible to others checking credit files) I could not at that stage of my life
              afford to have adverse data appearing ( I had no delinquent debts and still don't) I contact the " compliance director " Rob sands by way of initially a phone call and then by formal
              complaint regarding the searches which in those days were Table 1 or Table 2 searches T1 being " debt collection" seen by others and T2 "tracing/address check" seen only by me.

Following an investigation by the compliance director it was admitted that " an over enthusiastic " staff has made unauthorised searches, credit files were sanitised an apology accompanied
              by a cheque for £500 was received.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
                CRAs hold datasets of other 'data' that can be checked outside their credit account db, yes. Searches or subscriptions to which do not show up on the credit reports as 'searches', to anyone. CRA business is much more than just credit report data nowadays.

Comment

Nothing would surprise me in this corrupt world dirty tricks lies deceit everywhere now allegations tennis matches were fixed all these things have one thing in common MONEY and the greed of those after it

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X