• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ Recieved Cabot finance, Mortimer Clarke Solicitor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CCJ Recieved Cabot finance, Mortimer Clarke Solicitor

Got exactly the same letter on the 25th Jan.
    Nice and original!
    🤓

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      We do request the extension in the CPR request letter
      In the same envelope but not the same document.

nem

Comment

Hi,

No response received from Cabot so far in regards to my CCA request.
        Standard letter received from Mortime with no documents
        The deadline for filing the defense is 13/02/2016 ( Claim date 11/01/2016). as this falls on Saturday, I was thinking of filing the defense tomorrow. could someone please have a look at the defense below:

1: I received the claim XXXXXX from the Northampton County Court on 16 January 2016

2: Each and every allegation in the Claimants statement of case is denied unless specifically admitted in this Defence.

3: This claim appears to be for a Credit Card agreement regulated under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

4: The Claimants statement of case fails to give adequate information to enable me to properly assess my position with regards the claim.

5. The Claimants statement of case states that the account was assigned from Capital One to Cabot financial No Date. The statement of case fails to identify the date of assignment. The Defendant does not recall receiving notice of this assignment.

6. It is denied that Capital One served any Default notice on the Defendant pursuant to s87 Consumer Credit Act 1974. The Claimant is required to prove that a compliant Default Notice was served upon the Defendant.

7: On the 18/01/2016 I sent a request for inspection of documents mentioned in the claimant’s statement of case under Civil Procedure Rule 31.14 to Mortimer Clarke solicitors I requested the Claimant provide copies of the Agreement, Notice of Assignment and Termination Notice.

8. Mortimer Clarke Solicitors has not sent any of these documents to me.

9. On the 18/01/2016 I sent a formal request for a copy of the original agreement to [Claimant] pursuant to section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 along with the statutory £1 fee.

10. The Claimant has failed to comply with s 78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 and by virtue of s78 (6) Consumer Credit Act 1974 cannot enforce the agreement.

11. Under Civil Procedure Rule 16.5 (4) Where the claim includes a money claim, a defendant shall be taken to require that any allegation relating to the amount of money claimed be proved unless he expressly admits the allegation. Therefore It is expected that the Claimant be required to prove the allegation that the money is owed as claimed.

12. I request the court orders the Claimants to provide the necessary documentation in order for me to fully plead my case else the Claim should stand struck out.

13. In the event that the relevant documents are received from the Claimants I will then be in a position to amend my defence, and would ask that the Claimants bear the costs of the amendment.

14. It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief as claimed or at all.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
          In the same envelope but not the same document.

nem
          Nem
          Can you help me please

Comment

Hello Khardkabin,
            Well done on the defence.

Don't for get the " Statement of Truth " at the end and
            the " Header" i.e.

Claim No. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Between:

Cabot Financial ( UK) Ltd Claimant

and

Your name Defendant

Of Your address.

Good luck!!

nem

Comment

Hi nem,

I havent heard anything back since filing the defence on 12th Feb. Any suggestion?

thanks

Comment

Hello Khardkabin,
                Well done on the defence.

Don't for get the " Statement of Truth " at the end and
                the " Header" i.e.

Claim No. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Between:

Cabot Financial ( UK) Ltd Claimant

and

Your name Defendant

Of Your address.

Good luck!!

nem

Nem

See attached the letter received from Mortimer. what would be the next course of action?
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by khadkabin View Post
                  Nem

See attached the letter received from Mortimer. what would be the next course of action?
                  Good morning,

Don't be fooled by the " On Hold" statement the court process continues as normal. Cabot has 28 days from the date they received your defence that's all "on hold " or not so if/when you get more forms from the court complete and return them as directed asap, so you don't give Cabot a chance to apply for judgement.
                  Count the days from receipt of MC's letter if there in nothing more from Cabot ( i.e. a letter confirming that they are proceeding with the claim) after the 28 days you will need to check with the court to see if the claim is stayed.

nem

Comment

Good morning,

Don't be fooled by the " On Hold" statement the court process continues as normal. Cabot has 28 days from the date they received your defence that's all "on hold " or not so if/when you get more forms from the court complete and return them as directed asap, so you don't give Cabot a chance to apply for judgement.
                    Count the days from receipt of MC's letter if there in nothing more from Cabot ( i.e. a letter confirming that they are proceeding with the claim) after the 28 days you will need to check with the court to see if the claim is stayed.

nem
                    Hi Nem,

thanks. do i count 28 days from defence or 28 days from the letter i received about the matter being on hold?

Comment

Hi Nem,

thanks. do i count 28 days from defence or 28 days from the letter i received about the matter being on hold?
                      28 days from issue date.
                      nem

Comment

28 days from issue date.
                        nem
                        Got this response from cabot. Do i need to do anyhting
                        Attached Files

Comment

The important thing to remember is that Cabot's "on hold" means nothing in regard to the court process which carries on as normal,
                          Keep an eye on the post.

nem

Comment

Nem

Been in touch with court today and the court told me that the case is now stayed. Any further action i need to take

The important thing to remember is that Cabot's "on hold" means nothing in regard to the court process which carries on as normal,
                            Keep an eye on the post.

nem

Comment

Stayed then they would have to pay to un stay it anytime in the future, the ball is in their court now.

nothing at this stage you need to do! unless you hear anything at a later date

Comment

Nem

Been in touch with court today and the court told me that the case is now stayed. Any further action i need to take
                                Ok stayed because Carboot could not respond to the defence you can now consider applying for the claim to be struck out fee payable or " invite " the claimant to discontinue the claim.

nem

- - - Updated - - -

Nem

Ok stayed because Carboot could not respond to the defence you can now consider applying for the claim to be struck out fee payable or " invite " the claimant to discontinue the claim.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X