• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ Recieved Cabot finance, Mortimer Clarke Solicitor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CCJ Recieved Cabot finance, Mortimer Clarke Solicitor

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
    OK Lowell another debt purchaser.

Any Contact yet?

nem
    No contact yet.

Any advice?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by khadkabin View Post
      No contact yet.

Any advice?

Thanks
      I always advise letting sleeping dogs lay until the debt purchaser or its agent makes contact.

You have one already to contend with so one at a time is easier.

nem

Comment

I always advise letting sleeping dogs lay until the debt purchaser or its agent makes contact.

nem

Thanks will do the same

Comment

nem
          Hi,
          For the CCA request I have included the Cabot reference from the Claim form as account number. Am i right to do so?
          Also the creditor will be Capital One as opposed to Cabot?

Thanks

Comment

Hi,
            For the CCA request I have included the Cabot reference from the Claim form as account number. Am i right to do so?
            Also the creditor will be Capital One as opposed to Cabot?

Thanks
            For the CCA request, just ask for the agreement relating to the alleged debt which is the subject of CC Claim No............................;

Creditor is now Cabot they have bought the debt from Capone.

nem

Comment

Letters have been posted as recorded delivery this afternoon. Thanks a lot for your help. Will update what the outcome will be

Comment

A quick update:
                Letter signed for and received by Cabot and Mortimer on 19/01/16.

Thanks

Comment

A quick update:
                  Letter signed for and received by Cabot and Mortimer on 19/01/16.

Thanks
                  Hi ,
                  Got the attached letter yesterday from Mortimer. It says i need to notify court in writing about the extension. Do I need to do that? And what would be my next step to deal with Mortimer?

Thanks
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi ,
                    Got the attached letter yesterday from Mortimer. It says i need to notify court in writing about the extension. Do I need to do that? And what would be my next step to deal with Mortimer?

Thanks

Do not confirm the onus is on them! another stupid letter to try and divert you! thought up by somne 1 year old wizz kid.

Comment

Mike - the onus is on the Defendant to inform the court of the extension.
                      [MENTION=79204]khadkabin[/MENTION]

Email something along these lines to ccbcdefendants@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk

SUBJECT: xxxxCLAIMANTxxxx v xxxxDEFENDANTxxxxx CASE NO: XXXXXX - EXTENSION OF TIME FOR FILING DEFENCE
                      -------------------------------------------------------------
                      Dear Sirs

The defendant and the claimant in claim XXXXXX have agreed that the period for filing a defence specified in rule 15.4 shall be extended by 28 days as allowed under CPR 15.5. This extends the date for filing of a defence to 18th August 2014.

Kind regards

xxxxxxxxx
                      Defendant

and attach a copy/scan of the letter you received from the claimants.

You can respond to Mortimer Clarkes letter...

something like...

Dear Mortimer Clarke Solicitors

Re Cabot Financial UK Ltd and YOUR NAME
                      Claim No: XXXXXXX

Thank you for your prompt response to my letter requesting copies of documents on which your client intends to rely in their claim and that are mentioned in their statement of case.

The documents requested will be required in order to enable me to properly assess my position with regards this claim.

In addition to my request under CPR 31.14 I have requested a copy of the agreement and accompanying terms directly from your client pursuant to section 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Thank you for passing on your clients agreement to an extension of 28 days - I have informed the court accordingly.

Kind regards

xxxxxxx
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Minor point here.

MC is implying that you have requested the 28 day extension.
                        In fact it's the other way around; you are graciously allowing them/their client an extra 28 days to get their acts together!
                        Cheeky sods!
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                        gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

sorry I meant the onus was on mortimer to supply the documents i.e they ask to confirm the documents were in their possession.

agree they should inform the court the extension remiss of me to leave that bit out!

Comment

We do request the extension in the CPR request letter
                            If you require more time in which to comply with this request you must tell me in writing and confirm your agreement to an extension of the time allowed for me to file my defence as allowed under CPR 15.5 so I may notify the court.
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hmmmm.............debatable.
                              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                              gets his brain a-going.
                              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                                Mike - the onus is on the Defendant to inform the court of the extension.
                                @khadkabin

Email something along these lines to ccbcdefendants@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk

SUBJECT: xxxxCLAIMANTxxxx v xxxxDEFENDANTxxxxx CASE NO: XXXXXX - EXTENSION OF TIME FOR FILING DEFENCE
                                -------------------------------------------------------------
                                Dear Sirs

The defendant and the claimant in claim XXXXXX have agreed that the period for filing a defence specified in rule 15.4 shall be extended by 28 days as allowed under CPR 15.5. This extends the date for filing of a defence to 18th August 2014.

Kind regards

xxxxxxxxx
                                Defendant

and attach a copy/scan of the letter you received from the claimants.

You can respond to Mortimer Clarkes letter...

something like...

Dear Mortimer Clarke Solicitors

Re Cabot Financial UK Ltd and YOUR NAME
                                Claim No: XXXXXXX

Thank you for your prompt response to my letter requesting copies of documents on which your client intends to rely in their claim and that are mentioned in their statement of case.

The documents requested will be required in order to enable me to properly assess my position with regards this claim.

In addition to my request under CPR 31.14 I have requested a copy of the agreement and accompanying terms directly from your client pursuant to section 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Thank you for passing on your clients agreement to an extension of 28 days - I have informed the court accordingly.

Kind regards

xxxxxxx

Thanks for the quick response . I will get them done today

khadkabin

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X