• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Self employed and owed money

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self employed and owed money

Hi I recently worked as a self employed courier for a national company
    After bad treatment I left company
    They still owe me 5 weeks money and invoices for the last 5 wks of working there
    I have tried phoning them but get no answer
    I have emailed them several times with no reply . I don't even know exact wages owed without the invoices taking them to court would not be worth it and if they don't reply to acas what can I do?
    Tags: None

Re: Self employed and owed money

Hi .... It seems the 'bad treatment' continues and is likely to do so. I am aware that courier companies work to tight margins and I suspect your claim is being sidetracked. One thing I can say is that phone calls and emails do not hold enough 'oomph' for positive response. If I were you,I would find out who the company CEO is and write directly to him laying out your case in as good as detail as you can, confirming a reasonable and minimum figure that you define as owed. It's worth a punt.

Comment

Re: Self employed and owed money

Court is not expensive and when you win you get all the expense back. Since you were self employed then I don't think ACAS is appropriate, though others will correct me.

Estimate what the company owes you, being on the generous side with the estimate, and be prepared to use Money Claim On Line. You have to warn them that if they don't pay then you will be claiming through the courts. Over estimating would force them to produce invoices to reduce the amount.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X