• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court summons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court summons

Hi I received court summons from Mortimer solicitors yesterday to a debt to capital 1 I have filed a defence on mcol yesterday can you advise what to do next please
    Tags: None

Re: Court summons

Firstly read the links in the Green bar here http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-a-Court-Claim

Comment

Hi thanks for the reply I have had no paperwork off these so no reference no to request details except for reference no on court papers

Comment

I'll give [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] a shout.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
          I'll give @nemesis45 and @Amethyst a shout.
          Got it [MENTION=332]EXC[/MENTION] thanks
          nem

Comment

Originally posted by fatpud12 View Post
            Hi thanks for the reply I have had no paperwork off these so no reference no to request details except for reference no on court papers
            Hello fatpud, responding to tag by [MENTION=332]EXC[/MENTION]

Please tell me what you have entered as a defence asap?

I will list the things you need to do first.

1. A request to the Claimant as named on the N1 Claim form for a copy of the agreement relevant to the alleged debt. (CCA Request).
            There is a £1 statutory fee to pay, use a Postal Order endorsed " For Statutory Fee Only" the claimant has 12 + 2 Working Days to comply.
            Send by signed for post: There is a template in the forum library.

2. A request under the provisions of Civil Procedure Rule 31 .14 (no fee) this for the documents mentioned in the Statement of Claim as on Form N1.
            No other documents can be requested.
            This request goes to the solicitor by signed for post, it has a nominal 7 days for compliance. Template in the forum library.

I would if possible like to see a copy of the claim form if can remove personal details and post it here. Or Type in the statement of claim verbatim.

nem

Comment

Hi nem not sure how I send copy but wording on claim as follows by an agreement between capital one and the defendant on or around 05/05/2008(the agreement) capital one agreed to issue the defendant with a credit ca rd .the defendant failed to make the minimum payment due and the agreement was terminated .the agreement was assigned to the claimant.the claimant therefore claims 505£

Comment

Sorry forgot just put on mcol that I am defending claim against me no defence offered

Comment

Hi nem not sure how I send copy but wording on claim as follows by an agreement between capital one and the defendant on or around 05/05/2008(the agreement) capital one agreed to issue the defendant with a credit ca rd .the defendant failed to make the minimum payment due and the agreement was terminated .the agreement was assigned to the claimant.the claimant therefore claims 505£
                  Ok : For the CPR 31 .14 you can ask for:
                  1. The Agreement, The Termination Notice, and The Notice of Assignment.

2.Do you know when you made the very last payment on the account?

3. Do you know the default date? If not for guidance ( If you haven't done so) check
                  your credit reference filles. Noddle is Free Online.

nem

Comment

OK nem I will check that out thank you for your help I will let you know how I get on

Comment

OK nem I will check that out thank you for your help I will let you know how I get on
                      Just tag [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] when you are ready and I'll pick up the thread.

nem

Comment

Court action

Hi received reply from Mortimer Clarke sol re my request of docs under CPR request got this reply "our client Cabot remains willing to settle bla bla they are willing to refuse by 50% I have had no reply from Cabot re my CCA request my defence needs to be entered by this Wednesday any help please

Comment

Re: Court action

Hi received reply from Mortimer Clarke sol re my request of docs under CPR request got this reply "our client Cabot remains willing to settle bla bla they are willing to refuse by 50% I have had no reply from Cabot re my CCA request my defence needs to be entered by this Wednesday any help please
                          HI fatud responding to your PM.
                          Sounds like clutching at straws to me.

The debt is currently unenforceable, do you have a defence prepared?

nem

Comment

Re: Court action

If there is still no sign of the agreement then I would push on with defending. Have a look here to help you get started http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...t-Court-Claims - unless the claims for a relatively low sum and 50% settlement would make life simpler of course.
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                            X