• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MET parking appeal rejected.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MET parking appeal rejected.

Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help me with this.

I received a letter from MET Parking Services on the 2nd of December which stated that it was a reminder letter for an incident on the 29th of October. The incident was for overstaying the allotted time in a car park for Virgin Active. I was not driving by the driver was using the gym at the time. I should note that while it stated that the letter was a reminder, it was the first correspondence that I received.

I made an appeal using one of the methods posted on these forums and they have rejected the appeal, stating that the time for appealing had expired. I did not mention that I had not received any initial correspondence.

They have also stated that even if I was in time that my appeal would be unsuccessful despite the fact that they had not fully investigated the matter.

I really hope that there is someone that ca help me with this.

Thank you
    Tags: None

Re: MET parking appeal rejected.

Speak to gym management and file all paperwork. They will have screwed up keeper liability and as you were not the driver any court case hangs on keeper liability.

M1

Comment

M1,

thank you for such a quick response. Although I don't think I understand.

should I bring both letters and my appeal letter to them and discuss it with them? What does keeper liability mean, will I need to ask them for the terms between them and MET parking services?

Thank you,

Aidan

Comment

should I bring both letters and my appeal letter to them and discuss it with them?
        Wouldn't do much harm but only produce if they ask to see them.

will I need to ask them for the terms between them and MET parking services?
        No.

What does keeper liability mean
        Means that if they don't know the driver they can instead pursue the keeper.

http://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/keeper-liability/

M1

Comment

Hi M1,

I have been through both letter from MET which I have attached. Apart from the registered keeper issue, they have demanded £100 with no option for a discount. The reminder notice attached was the first letter that I received from them so I don't feel that they are able to refuse the appeal that I have sent them. should they not have proof that they sent the original notice? I am still unsure how to proceed with this.

Are you able to help me any further?
          Attached Files

Comment

Aside from the gym manager, there is little to be done unless you get court papers.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X