• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Excel Parking Charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excel Parking Charges

Guys,

I am sure this question has been asked many but here goes again.

I was given a ticket in a car park within an office park that my office is in. I made the mistake of not going into the office and getting a visitors badge to put on my windscreen. Excel are looking for £30 if I pay now with that rising to £100 eventually.
    I have heard lots of stories about not paying, paying, go to court, dont go to court and after googling there seems to be a lot of conflicting stories online.

Can anyone offer up a way to go. I hate to say it but £30 is not a huge amount but really sticks in my throat when I didnt stop them from collecting any kind of revenue as it was an office car park.

Any advise would be appreciated.

regards

John
    Tags: None

Re: Excel Parking Charges

Go into the office and get the office to cancel.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
      Go into the office and get the office to cancel.
      Indeed.

After Beavis https://www.supremecourt.uk/cases/do...0-judgment.pdf it's more of a gamble.

It costs companies more money than they win to go to court so yes they can, and sometimes do, go to court.

If they do not know the identity of the driver then they need to rely on the protection of freedoms act 2012 schedule 4 and usually they can't meet the requirements so shouldn't win in court unless you let them know the drivers identity.

There are 2 trade associations BPA and IPC. The former has an almost fair appeals system, popla. The latter has theias which isa rubber stamp job for the operators.

I would never ignore but it can work but can also lead to periods of inactivity before they resume just prior to the statute of limitations kicking in.

I'm with Ostell.

M1

Comment

The car park is not owned by my company. We rent the block in a business park and the parking is outsourced by the owners of the park so cant just go into the office and get it cancelled.

Comment

But the company know who to contact to get it cancelled.

Comment

I have contacted my company and they say they have jurisdiction over the parking company who work completely independently of them.

- - - Updated - - -

sorry no Jurisdiction

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X