• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car breakers refusing to refund the money

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car breakers refusing to refund the money

Hi All,

I would appreciate a bit of a guidance into the following matter that happened to my friends. Their car gearbox developed a fault and had to be replaced with another one. They were offered used automatic gearbox from one of car breakers/sales (they have online page too) and purchased it using paypal - £600.00

Car breakers delayed two weeks before they sent an automatic gearbox. On arrival they have noticed that it is quite rusty and from an older model. Immediately they returned it to the seller stating the reasons and also paid £90.00 for the return.

That's when funny games started. Seller started claiming that there was nothing wrong with the part at all, it is all my friends fault that they returned as the part was in a perfect working order. They are taking quite a mick over the phone and refusing the refund the money claiming they will refund it once someone else will buy the part.

I have recommended to stop any verbal communication as clearly it is going nowhere. I was thinking of writing a letter to the sellers pointing out the following:

The consumer contracts regulations 2013 - part was returned within 14 days after receiving an item. I think they withheld the part for 2 weeks before sending thinking 14 days count from the day of purchase rather than a day of item being received.

The consumer contracts regulations 2013 were breached by misleading the buyer with a false item advertising.

As wrong item was sent seller is liable for £90.00 refund too that was paid to return the item back to them?

As payment was made via PayPal should we raise a case via them? or should we raise a case and still send a letter pointing out breach of regulations and requesting an immediate refund? I do understand we should give 7 or 14 days to fully respond before potentially sending a ''letter before action''?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: Car breakers refusing to refund the money

Start by raising a Paypal case if you are within the time allowed

Comment

Paypal case would be the easiest way to resolve this I understand?

Comment

A good start

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X