• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

work entitlement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• work entitlement

i want to safe a week of my holiday as im doing my hgv 2 but my works says i have a week to book it or they will force me to book it can they do it without my consent
    Tags: None

Re: work entitlement

Does it mean you want to save to run over into the next year ? Can you usually carry holiday over ?

When is your HGV 2 training and whats your annual period run from and to ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      Does it mean you want to save to run over into the next year ? Can you usually carry holiday over ?

When is your HGV 2 training and whats your annual period run from and to ?
      my holiday starts and finishes march - march and as for my hgv i havent got a date as i need to save up for it but hoping for a may-july time

Comment

If you mean that you have a week left to take before the end of the leave year in March and you want to carry that week into the next leave year so that you can use it in May/July instead to take your HGV2 training...
        Yes, your employer can make you take it. If you don't book it yourself they can decide when they want you take it and book it for you. They don't need your consent.

Comment

can i not refuse to take the holiday
          Originally posted by mariefab View Post
          If you mean that you have a week left to take before the end of the leave year in March and you want to carry that week into the next leave year so that you can use it in May/July instead to take your HGV2 training...
          Yes, your employer can make you take it. If you don't book it yourself they can decide when they want you take it and book it for you. They don't need your consent.

Comment

Does your employer have a policy on carrying over holiday ? They don't have to allow you to carry it over, so if you did refuse then you could just lose that weeks holiday altogether.

Can you not use next years holiday allowance to do the HGV training ?
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

by what my works policies "we ask you to take three weeks’ holiday between 1 April and 31 October, with the remainder of your entitlement being taken between 1 November and 31 March. If you have six weeks’ holiday entitlement you should ideally take four weeks’ holiday between 1 April and 31 October"
              Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
              Does your employer have a policy on carrying over holiday ? They don't have to allow you to carry it over, so if you did refuse then you could just lose that weeks holiday altogether.

Can you not use next years holiday allowance to do the HGV training ?

Comment

Are they a seasonal business? ( ie busier in winter )

They aren't 'MUST' policies just ''ideally'' If your contract doesn't say anything about carrying over holiday then you can't and need to use it before end of March or lose it.

How long is your HGV course likely to be ? As you have to take 3 weeks between April and October can't you use next years holiday for that? or are you worried about having less holiday available later in the year ?

Is the HGV course related to your employment - or is it a change of career bit of training you're doing? Have you told work why you want to carry over the holiday - do they have training policies at all ?
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Some companies will "buy" your unused holiday from you.

Comment

If you tell your employer that you refuse to take the weeks holiday they have a couple of options.
                    1. They do nothing and when the holiday year runs out you lose that weeks holiday.
                    2. They tell you to take, for example, the last week in February as holiday and if you turn up at work in that week they send you home again.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X