• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Bullying

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bullying

Hi

Current situation is that 4 weks ago I decided to put in a grievance. I had to txt it to a manger above the ones that are doing nothing. He was actually having personal time off, and it was confirmed true by a call to h/o. I kept it short. 4 bullet points, no detail just statements about each problem. I just wanted to get the man in a room so I can speak to him properly. He has not been to visit our small office in nearly 2 years. he is 7 miles away. Thats just negligent.

I requested the 'initial meeting to discuss further' in other words dont go around getting others stories before mine as Im the one putting the grievance in. Hear me out...thats correct isnt it? especially as Ive not gone into detail. He sent a txt back promptly saying he was off for a while and I was to go to manager below instead. replied 'I have several times and now the next step is a general manger' (him)he did not reply. Time went on and I called again to find he is coming back to work next week, tomorrow but has flitted in and out in the past 4 weeks...not one word or call to me though. I suspect hes been getting background, a heads up on my problems as part of his flitting in and out. I asked him in txt to give me notice (is that ok too?) reason is that 1. I want the chance to take the union rep in if she will and 2. I want to be prepared.

I warned that the way things were going I feared a buildup to a row or a walk out. I would say that things have got much worse since this txt was sent. I knew it. Another member of staff part of the clique, has bellowed at me 3 times and sworn at me.

So where to now? is he supposed to reply in a set amount of time? Am I allowed to request notice for meeting? As Im the initiator arent I to get the first word? The manager that Ive mentioned that does nothing even though hes witness has now lied to other staff regarding a small privlege he granted me, he told them he never did so. Certain people are now thinking Im a liar. I called him at home furious and recorded his response. He was clever and just twisted his words. he did not answer when I specifically recalled the phone conversation we had had where he had granted me this privilege. 1 part of my grievance is about how for being given this small waiver, aslo given to some others I specifically was treated to a months lock out and silence by bully and co.

Im at wits end.my head is spinning with them. I have a few nice co workers that i occasionally work with and its a reliefwe all get on so well. They thank me for subbing and tell me theyve had a great shift with me (I could cry as its such a relief to hear Im not so bad) but they will never stand up to a group of 4 favoured by immediate lower management. Not a chance and I wouldnt humiliate myself by asking them to admit theyve witnessed the divide and conquer, the icing out. They may have looked at me and said ahh or shook theirs heads but they arent strong enough to stand up and I can see why...immediate management will hold a grudge as its their job to watch over this and take people to one side but they dont. Point the finger at the bully and her clique...point the finger at management that turn blind eye.

In the end no matter what they throw at me in this meeting to deflect my complaints, we are thre to talk about the issues Ive raised arent we? Im blowing the cover on the bad behaviour of certain people, they need to address my concerns...or am I dreaming?

Can anyone figure the game here? Can anyone tell me which way to move on this chess board?

Thanks for any advice

Comment

PAWS has advised me to continue posting within original thread....

*Phonecall to general manager supposedly handling grievance after another incident reveals that he is not handling it. He had 7 weeks to tell me this and didnt. Told me to go to the office manager (who has been informally told several times and does nothing)

*Next day I am told by office manager to put all incidents in writing that he and MD will look into allegations.

*Calls me at home 3 days later(I had not had time to reword/rewrite sum up incidents and post to MD) to tell me that it has been reverted back to the general manger and himself and GM has decided that I am to be taken off 2/4 of my shifts I share with the bully. Threatened in so many words 'we will see how it goes/ without the need for anyone(me) to lose hours or shifts'

I am taken aback as I have not been spoken to or asked a single question. She is not being moved around. He assured me she will be civil, he (OM) has spoken to her. I saw no change in her. In fact she is watching me more. Her ally ignoring me more yesterday.

A cctv request was made after I had immed alerted GM on phone to one of her clique going mad at me (standing up ranting throwing arms about shouting) It was evident who was in wrong on the cam. I found out request via 2 supervisors however the note was on desk for all to see! They are thankfully not supporting the little gangs behaviour but no way will they stand up or go forward .Im grateful for support from them as from a few other members of staff. They think that the bully in question is a v diffiicult argumentative person that they have to be wary of and tip toe around. Intimidating was a description. They volunteer their opinions to me. The bully and her 2 allies are some of what another supervisor has warned me are 'the untouchables' they are some of the staff involved with the statements in the failed tribunal.

So .... after filling in gaps here what should I do? there has been no follow through on my original grievance, changed their tact/instruction to me/ and are threatening to alter my shifts.

Comment

Just giving this a bump -it is quite detailed and quite a bit to wade through I'm afraid. Px

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
        ~ Anonymous

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X