• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help please, Urgent! CCJ defence MFS Portfolio/Restons.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help please, Urgent! CCJ defence MFS Portfolio/Restons.

Or is it 14 working days?

Thanks again. [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] [MENTION=49370]Kati[/MENTION] [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION]

Comment

Thanks - I re-posted at the same time reply came in!

Comment

Hi all!
        I need some follow up advice on this.
        Today is 28 days since I entered my defence and stated I was asking for docs.
        I wrote to the creditor (MFS Portfolio) and asked for a copy of the agreement, had a letter a week later to say they were going to ask the original creditor (Lloyd's) for it but heard nothing since.
        I also wrote to Restons solicitors to ask for the docs mentioned in the claim (copy of agreement and notice of assignment) I've had no reply from them.

My question is; do I need to do anything?! Should I be putting in an amended defence to say I haven't received these? Or do I need to notify the court in writing?
        Or is the ball in the claimants court and I should leave it?

Thanks in advance! [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] [MENTION=49370]Kati[/MENTION] [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by skint80 View Post
          Hi all!
          I need some follow up advice on this.
          Today is 28 days since I entered my defence and stated I was asking for docs.
          I wrote to the creditor (MFS Portfolio) and asked for a copy of the agreement, had a letter a week later to say they were going to ask the original creditor (Lloyd's) for it but heard nothing since.
          I also wrote to Restons solicitors to ask for the docs mentioned in the claim (copy of agreement and notice of assignment) I've had no reply from them.

My question is; do I need to do anything?! Should I be putting in an amended defence to say I haven't received these? Or do I need to notify the court in writing?
          Or is the ball in the claimants court and I should leave it?

Thanks in advance! @nemesis45 @Kati @Amethyst
          Good morning,

Restons are known for filing at the last minute and there is the problem of the
          significant backlog in the court system.

I suggest you check with the court say Wednesday/Thursday this week, the claim
          may be stayed ( Suspended) if Restons have not responded, you are not informed
          when this happens.

nem

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION]
            If they send anything to the court though, they should still send copies of the agreement and other docs to me shouldn't they?
            Obviously if they produce the agreement I will need to reconsider my stance, will I get time to do this?

If it does get suspended will it stay like that indefinitely?

Comment

Originally posted by skint80 View Post
              Thanks @nemesis45
              If they send anything to the court though, they should still send copies of the agreement and other docs to me shouldn't they?
              Obviously if they produce the agreement I will need to reconsider my stance, will I get time to do this?

If it does get suspended will it stay like that indefinitely?
              They could well say they are going to proceed even though they don't have the agreement, hanging
              on until the last minute in the hope of something "turning up" as Mr Micawber would say.

When/if the claim is stayed you will not be informed so you will have to phone the court once the 28
              day time scale has passed to check the status of the claim. Keep in mind there is a significant backlog
              in the court system.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X