• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help - need to send letter to my daughters Dad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - need to send letter to my daughters Dad

My daughter is 11, she wants to see her Dad, as do I. Her Dad however is doing everything he can to make this difficult.
    i want to send him a letter stating that I am in no way preventing him from seeing his daughter and that their relationship is very important.
    obviously there is a load more of history but not sure how much info is required at this stage.
    i am sure it will only require the one letter and hopefully that will be enough for him to see sense (lol).
    if anyone can help me send an official letter-headed letter, of course I will pay, but I am on benefits and unable to work due to health reasons, but as long as it's not too much.
    many thanks in advance
    Tags: None

Re: Help - need to send letter to my daughters Dad

Hiya,

Have you tried communicating with him already about the matter?

Is there any child arrangement order in place?
    Is the Dad saying you are breaching it by not allowing him access ( but not actually doing anything to help sort out access ?)

Just thinking maybe that's why you want a formal headed letter - as evidence in a court proceeding ?

You can't just get a letter headed letter, you would need it to be written specifically for your case and I'm not really sure what you want to say to him other than ' your daughter wants to see you, you're being a doofus as she'll soon grow up and you'll have missed out on so much' so I'm not sure what benefit a formal 'solicitors' letter is going to be.

You could try and get an appointment at your local law centre, or even citizens advice, and they can help with a letter - I think law centres might be able to act on your behalf for free in certain circumstances.

Sharon

xx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

f you know his address ask your daughter to write the letter with your help of course .
      If that does not work you may need to rethink this
      Whatever happens worth a try

Comment

Thanks for your comments, she has had a very good relationship with him until recently. We were involved on and off for years and while that was happening everything was fine. Since this has stopped he is insisting on making his own dates/times list even though I have done this since she was born, and his times merely change things slightly and reducing the number of dates quite considerably.
        he used to see his daughter once during the week after school and at some point over the weekend depending on shifts, occasionally having her over night.
        we moved about 19miles away just over 18 months ago, a move which he constantly encouraged and supported as it was moving our daughter to a better place.
        Now he is insisting that I drive my daughter to his house on every visit, something I didn't do before as I have health and financial restrictions preventing me driving back into a big town.
        he is letting our daughter down as he is not seeing her if I don't drop her off and saying to her that I am the one stopping her seeing him.
        we don't communicate, my daughter has to contact him, as he doesn't bother, and sometimes he gets very irate with her in the phone.
        we did have a court arrangement from when she was only a few months old but he has changed his job and shifts so this hasn't been adhered to in some years.
        i just feel that an official letter would carry more weight and if it did get taken to court then I have prove that I am not stopping him seeing his daughter.
        hope this makes a little more sense.
        any help would be very much appreciated.

Comment

Does she have regular indirect contact, ie by phone?
          "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
          (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

From the court arrangement you had when your daughter was a few months old - that agreement still stands ( as is my understanding ) because his shifts and life style have changed , it appears from what you have written that somewhere maybe you have accepted those changes
            and then there was a move that he was supporting . And yet is now placing demands.
            I think an informal letter would be the way forward.
            You can also talk to your local law centre for advice and I think mediation between you would be a positive option as circumstances have changed for both of you ( in terms of his shift pattern and your new geography )
            I hope this helps
            Mabel

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X