• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Marstons High Court Enforcement Officers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marstons High Court Enforcement Officers

I was recently fined by magistrates court and agreed a £40 per month payment. I missed the first payment as I was still off work and only in receipt of SSP. I was recently in court and fined even more and the judge ordered that I pay £80 to bring my account out of arrears on the 22nd December .. and then ring the fines people to consolidate the 2 fines.

Yesterday I got a letter from Marstons ... I called them and explained but they were not interested. I offered to pay pay them the £40 a month, again they werent interested. They wanted a £160 one off and then £62 per week thereafter or they would be looking to remove goods.

Now, I'm not the sort of person who is bothered about these people, or easily intimidated by things they say/do, but I need to know where I stand as far as them making entry and where they can go as I live in a House of multiple Occupation. All rooms have their individual locks, and I am sure things will get quite messy if they try to gain access to any of these other rooms.

One other thing is that the amount of the fine they are trying to collect, exceeds what I actually owe, because I have made payments on the fine account. (not including their costs)

Any advice on law regarding HMO's would be greatly appreciated

thanks in Advance
    Tags: None

Re: Marstons High Court Enforcement Officers

I'm in the same boat as you with Marstons

To be fair, I really wouldn't worry much about what they say! I called them up as soon as I received the letter and spoke to a chap called Neil. He tried threatening locksmiths and whitevan men, however he told a few lies which hopefully will be the nail in their coffin.

The first mistake Marstons make is adding fees onto Magistrate Fines. They'll tell you that legally they are allowed to, however there's nothing in law that allows them to add to Magistrate/Court fines. Can I assume that Marstons have added fees on to your fine? This would be Compliance [Generally £75], they might have added £235 claiming someone has attended your property.

I have attached a copy of my letter to them, I received a letter response within a day stating that they was stopping all enforcement action until a full investigation has take place and an agreement has been made via letter and/or email.

Don't let them grind you down!
    Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X