• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Skyman v BlackHorse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Skyman v BlackHorse

Originally posted by skyman View Post
    Hi Nem,

Sorry I have attached the letter again.

Thank you

http://server.myspace-shack.com/d21/20160212123532.jpg
    Good morning Skyman,

The 28 days starts when the claimants (sols) receive your defence, if you
    here nothing you will need to check with the court to see if the claim is
    stayed as you will not be advised if this happens.

nem

Comment

Good morning nem,

Once the 28 days is over I will contact court.

Thank you very much.

Comment

Hi Nem,

I have received the attached letter from the Mortimer Clarke Solicitors today.

Can you please advise.

Thank you so much.

http://postimg.org/image/9dze83yhd/

Comment

Hi Nem,

I have received the attached letter from the Mortimer Clarke Solicitors today.

Can you please advise.

Thank you so much.

http://postimg.org/image/9dze83yhd/
          Hello Skyman ,

Please be aware that MC's " On Hold" means nothing in terms of the court process, which
          continues unhindered.

If they do not respond to the court within the 28 day deadline the court will stay the claim,
          you are not informed if this happens so you will have to check with the court to find out what
          is going on.

nem

Comment

Hi Nem,

Very kind of you, OK then I will wait until the 28 days deadline then I will call the Court to find out the outcome.

Thank you so much.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I have just spoke to the court and they told me that the the claim is now STAYED, but then again they told me that still on the case is showing it's on HOLD, and they help desk adviser said that, I can call the solicitors and ask them what they want to do, regarding the Hold, as they may lift the hold.

I didn't get what exactly they mean, as the 28 days it has been over long time now, and the solicitors never came back to me after the last letter they send me (at the above i have posted before).

Can somebody please give me an advise on this.

Thank you very much.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I have just spoke to the court and they told me that the the claim is now STAYED, but then again they told me that still on the case is showing it's on HOLD, and they help desk adviser said that, I can call the solicitors and ask them what they want to do, regarding the Hold, as they may lift the hold.

I didn't get what exactly they mean, as the 28 days it has been over long time now, and the solicitors never came back to me after the last letter they send me (at the above i have posted before).

Can somebody please give me an advise on this.

Thank you very much.
                Hello Skyman.

If a claim is stayed for an extended period because the claimant has failed to submit a response to a defence you can contact the claimant or the solicitors and " invite" them to discontinue the claim as it appears that the claimant is unable to proceed, and that if they do not agree to discontinue you will apply for the claim to be struck out and you will expect them to meet the costs of the application.

Personally I would keep this all in writing.

nem

Comment

Hi Nem,

Thank you for your help, I will call the solicitor and ask them to discontinue, If they didnt agree to discontinue I will apply for the claim to be struck out.

I will post here when I call them.

Thank you

Comment

Hi Nem,

I have contacted to the solicitors and I ask them what they have done since they put my case on HOLD and I was informed that,
                    they are still waiting to hear from their claimant.
                    (I told them that the court informed me that the claim is stayed now so i can not wait any more for your claimant to get back)

I informed the solicitor that, can you discontinue the claim and they said no until they hear from there claimant, I said ok in this case i will have to apply for the claim to be struck out.

The solicitor said ok if that's what I wish to do I can go ahead.

I have never applied for struck out before can you please advise me what do I need to do.

Thank you for your big help.

Comment

Hi Nem,

I have contacted to the solicitors and I ask them what they have done since they put my case on HOLD and I was informed that,
                      they are still waiting to hear from their claimant.
                      (I told them that the court informed me that the claim is stayed now so i can not wait any more for your claimant to get back)

I informed the solicitor that, can you discontinue the claim and they said no until they hear from there claimant, I said ok in this case i will have to apply for the claim to be struck out.

The solicitor said ok if that's what I wish to do I can go ahead.

I have never applied for struck out before can you please advise me what do I need to do.

Thank you for your big help.

I suspect from the attitude from MC that they are not following anything up with Hillesden and I doubt your call will be passed on.

I suggest the following to be sent to both MC and Hillesden.

Date:

Re: CC Claim No,...................................Issued On........................................

Sir/ Madam.

I refer to County Court Claim No...................................issued on behalf of Hillesden Securities T/A DLC. I have been informed by the court that this claim has been stayed and as this situation is somewhat prolonged suggest that Hilleseden Securities Ltd T/A DLC now instructs its legal representative to discontinue as it is now clear that Hillesden does not have the documents to progress this claim to trial.

If however Hillesden decides to continue the claim I will within 7 working days from the date hereon make an application to the court for the claim to be struck out the costs of the application to be paid by Hillesden.

It's worth a try saving you £155 for the application.

nem

Comment

Hi Nem

Thank so much I will send the letter tomorrow.

Thank you for you help

Comment

Hi Nem

Thank so much I will send the letter tomorrow.

Thank you for you help
                          Happy to help!!

Comment

Hi Nem,

After I sent the above letter template I sent to Hilleseden Securities Ltd T/A DLC and their solicitors on the 22/03,

today Hilleseden Securities Ltd T/A DLC sent me the attached letter.

It looks like now they sold my account to another credit management group.

Can you please advise on this. Thank you so much

Comment

Hi Nem,

After I sent the above letter template I sent to Hilleseden Securities Ltd T/A DLC and their solicitors on the 22/03,

today Hilleseden Securities Ltd T/A DLC sent me the attached letter.

It looks like now they sold my account to another credit management group.

Can you please advise on this. Thank you so much
                              Can't get the attachment I'll ask @Kati to help Please!
                              Last edited by Kati; 1st April 2016, 17:00:PM.

Comment

please see the links.

http://postimg.org/image/nnjs91il9/

http://postimg.org/image/sgxagxi6b/

Thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X