• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Skyman v BlackHorse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skyman v BlackHorse

Hi, please help.

I received a county court claim form from Hillesden Securities Ltd T/A DLC.

Amount with court fees £1712.52
    Hillesden Securities Ltd Amount: £1527.52

In 2004 I bought a finance car from Black Horse company about £9000+ so I paid until 2009 and only around £700 i think was left, i was told that I can do a PPI claim, I called them and they said they wi send the form but they never did, I was keep calling them and always they were playing different games, so I finally send them a letter and informed them that I wont be paying anymore as I believed they are owing me money for PPI.

I cancelled my direct debit and then they contacted me I told them that you ignored me so i will do the same thing. I tod them i can only pay £5 a month so from maybe the end of te 2009 till 2012 or 2013 I was paying directly to Black horse, then I received a letter from debt collector, i contacted Black H company and asked them why Debt collector chasing me they said you should be paying the money to them not US I said why you didnt inform before, I told them since U never informed me to whom I shoud have made the payment then I will stop the payment fully.

So for the last few years Debt collectors been sending me a letters and some time they even asked me to pay ony £500 then i ignored them. last montha i received a letter from Mortimer Clarke Solicitors with Monthly Expenditures form, asking for £1527.52.
    I ignored them again and now they send me county court claim form.

By the way on my credit file there is nothing been mentioned about this Black Horse company at all.

I don,t know what steps to take Please advise
    Thank you in advance.
    Tags: None

Re: Skyman v BlackHorse

Hi Skyman

I have moved your post to a new thread so it doesn't get buried xx

There do seem to be an awful lot of blackhorse claims coming through at the moment. Have a read through the first steps here http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...it-Court-Claim to begin with xxx

Welcome to the forum, and try not to worry, we'll help all we can.
    Sharon
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hillesden/Cabot seem to have a portfolio of BH accounts some of which are very old.

nem

Comment

Hi everyone,

The last conversation I had with STU82 here,

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ived-!!!/page2

Thanks to STU82 I was advised to ask DLC solicitors for an extension on the 28 day time scale, I did send a letter on Monday the 04-01 and I received a letter from the DLC solicitors today dated 04/01 and they agreed for 28 days, it seems they sent the letter before even they get my letter.

I called the court this afternoon to notify them
        of the extension, but no response. I think I have to write to them,

Please see attached letters I have received so far.

Please advise me what would be my next actions, Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by skyman View Post
          Hi everyone,

The last conversation I had with STU82 here,

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ived-!!!/page2

Thanks to STU82 I was advised to ask DLC solicitors for an extension on the 28 day time scale, I did send a letter on Monday the 04-01 and I received a letter from the DLC solicitors today dated 04/01 and they agreed for 28 days, it seems they sent the letter before even they get my letter.

I called the court this afternoon to notify them
          of the extension, but no response. I think I have to write to them,

Please see attached letters I have received so far.

Please advise me what would be my next actions, Thank you
          Important you must inform the court in writing that an extension has been granted.
          They have "agreed " I suspect because they don't have and documents to backup the
          claim and need time themselves.

Court Office hours usually 1000hrs - 1600hrs.

nem

Comment

Happy new year Nem, Thank you.

I will send the letter tomorrow to the court and I will also try to call the court and speak to them.

In the mean time do I have to respond back to DLC Solicitors at all or wait until the defence date and if I don't hear anything then prepare my defence?

Thank you so much

Comment

Hi Nem,

I found this template in the forums, is it ok to send to the court for notifying them of the extension?

http://postimg.org/image/w8whx0941/full/

Thank you.

Comment

Hi Nem,

I found this template in the forums, is it ok to send to the court for notifying them of the extension?

http://postimg.org/image/w8whx0941/full/

Thank you.
                Hi Skyman.

Yep that's fine!!

nem

Comment

Thank you so much Nem.

Comment

Thank you so much Nem.
                    Happy to help Skyman!!

nem

Comment

Hi Nem,

I have called the court and informed them that, I have a letter from DLC solicitors for an extension of 28 days.

The lady on the phone told me that, I can send a copy of Mortimer Clarke letter to court.

I asked on the phone, would the court get back to me regarding this letter, the lady informed me that, no court will just put it on my file.

I asked the lady that, I need to know when I will be able to file my defence? she said my actual defence date is on the 16th but since Mortimer Clarke Solicitors did give me the 28 days then I need to
                      contact the Mortimer Clarke Solicitors to find out when my 28 days will be over so I can file my defence.

But please can you advise is that right? I need to contact the Mortimer Clarke Solicitors to find out when my 28 days will be over?
                      as I don't know when I have to file my defence if I don't here from
                      Mortimer Clarke Solicitors.

Thank you for assisting me.

Comment

Hi Nem,

Please help me with the above, Thank you so much.

Comment

just tagging [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] for you so he finds your post

Your 28 days extension run from the original defence date ( so 12th Feb ( as 13th is a Saturday))
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi Nem,

I have called the court and informed them that, I have a letter from DLC solicitors for an extension of 28 days.

The lady on the phone told me that, I can send a copy of Mortimer Clarke letter to court.

I asked on the phone, would the court get back to me regarding this letter, the lady informed me that, no court will just put it on my file.

I asked the lady that, I need to know when I will be able to file my defence? she said my actual defence date is on the 16th but since Mortimer Clarke Solicitors did give me the 28 days then I need to
                            contact the Mortimer Clarke Solicitors to find out when my 28 days will be over so I can file my defence.

But please can you advise is that right? I need to contact the Mortimer Clarke Solicitors to find out when my 28 days will be over?
                            as I don't know when I have to file my defence if I don't here from
                            Mortimer Clarke Solicitors.

Thank you for assisting me.
                            Initial 28 days +5 for service = 33 days + 28 days.

Start looking at threads with defences so you can get an idea of format and content, then make a draft and post here
                            then we can go through it with you.

nem

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                            just tagging @nemesis45 for you so he finds your post

Your 28 days extension run from the original defence date ( so 12th Feb ( as 13th is a Saturday))
                            Thank you [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] !! nem

Comment

Thank you Nem,

I was told by court advisor today on the phone that, my actual defence date is on the 16th.

So as you mentioned above,

This means if my defence date meant to be on the 16th, since I received a letter from DLC solicitors yesterday for 28 days extension, then I should be counting 28 days from the 17/01 Sunday, and my defence date will be on the 13/02, is that right?

Thank you so much sorry if I'm being silly.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X