• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hello - Claim Form received from Northampton CC Business Centre

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hello - Claim Form received from Northampton CC Business Centre

I received a response from the Sols dated Fri 5th Feb 2016.
    They have not used the original colour logo paper - it looks photocopied in black and white print, and has the following information:

---

Re: Claimant (named) v. Yourself
    Creditor (named) - (type of credit)

We write in respect of the above matter.

The Court has served us with a copy of the Defence you have filed whereby you dispute your liability to our client in full.

This claim was issued via the County Court Business Centre which is a procedure specifically provided for in the CPR. This procedure only allows a claimant to insert brief details of the claim and does not allow for the attachment of any enclosures. Paragraph 5.2A of Practice Direction 7E specifically states "The requirement in paragraph 7.3 of Practice Direction 16 for documents to be attached to the particulars of contract claims does not apply to claims started using an online claim form, unless the particulars of claim are served seperately in accordance with paragraph 5.2 of this practice direction."

By way of explanation, MFS P L is a debt purchaser. We would advise that this is a simple debt recovery action and the relevant facts are as follows:

1. The outstanding balance referred in the particulars of claim relates to a (named creditor) - cc facility with account number (a/c number quoted). Our client's records indicate that the original credit agreement was dated on or about (date given). It is the claimant's position that you should have received a copy of the credit agreement upon first entering into the contract;

2. (Named creditor) should have sent Statements of Account to you on a monthly basis during the operation of the cc facility. Such statements will have identified any items of expenditure, payments towards the account, the application of any contractural interest/charges, and the outstanding balance on a month by month basis;

3. You failed to maintain the minimum monthly repayments as required by the Statements of Account and accordingly, (named creditor) terminated the credit agreement;

4. In line with the Terms and Conditions of that credit agreement, the original creditor had a contractural right of assignment. In other words, (named creditor) was entitled to transfer their rights and benefits under the agreement to a third party and that right was exercised on (date given 2015). Around that time you should have received a letter from the original creditor advising you that the account had been assigned to a third party and you should also have received a Notice of Assignment from (named claimant).

In light of the above, we would suggest that you revert back to your own personal records, as the documentation you have requested has previously been provided to you throughout the lifetime of your account.

We have no record of a valid section 78 CCA request having been made or not complied with. In order for us to comply with this request please provide evidence that a properly constituted request has been made pursuant to section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and that the relevant statutory fee has been paid.

Now that we have provided you with details of what the outstanding balance relates to we would be grateful if you could confirm that you are now prepared to withdraw your Defence. In order to do this, please complete the enclosed Form N9A and return it to this office. If we do not receive this from you within the next 14 days, we are instructed to make an application to Strike Out the Defence and to seek an Order that you pay our costs associated with that application.

We look forward to hearing from you further.

Yours faithfully,

(signed in ink)

Miss L Murtagh, Paralegal
    pp (?) Solicitors Limited

@@@@@@@@@@@

For information, a s78 CCA request was sent to MFS and they replied saying that the a/c was to be put on hold. This is shown in post #35 and your response in post #38.

The form N9A is an Admission form.

I welcome your response/help to all of the above.

Thanks and kind rgds,
    HS02.

Comment

Something along these lines.... ( obvs make it in your own words this is just my ramble lol)

Dear Miss Murtagh,

Claim XXXXXXXXXX
      MFS v Helpseeker02

Thank you for your letter dated x/x/2016 in which you state that you '' have no record of a valid section 78 CCA request having been made or not complied with".

Although I believe you should be communicating with your client regarding this matter, in the interests of expediency please find enclosed a copy of the original request made to your client, with which I enclosed a postal order for £1, dated xx/xx/2016 and their subsequent response dated xx/xx/2016 where they state; "We confirm that we do not hold all your information on file, therefore we have requested a Statement of Account and a copy of the Agreement with the accompanying Terms & Conditions from the original creditor and will forward to you upon receipt. The account is on hold whilst we await this information.". I would suggest you clarify this with your client.

Of course, I have previously requested that your client agree to a formal extension of the time for the filing my defence in order to allow them time to obtain these documents, despite the fact that they should have had sight of these before commencing court action. As no agreement was made I have proceeded with filing my defence and I now await your clients response.

I am sure you are aware that pursuant to s.78(6) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 your client is unable to enforce the agreement whilst he remains in default of my formal request.

I have not previously received a notice of assignment of any alleged debt from ORIGINAL CREDITOR to your client and would expect this to be provided in order to evidence your client has a legal right to be bringing this action at all. These documents will be required by the court approximately 14 days before any hearing, it would simply save court time and costs if the documents were provided before the deadline, set by your client, passed, in order that I could assess my position fully.

I will continue to defend your clients claim and will not be completing the N9 form that you kindly provided.

I trust this clarifies my position.

Kind regards

Helpseeker02
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Helpseeker02 View Post
        Hi @nemesis45

I hope that you are keeping well?

I just wanted to update you of my situation in this matter.

On Fri 15th Jan 2016 I received a letter from the Court dated 12th Jan 2016, with the following information:

"I acknowledge receipt of your defence. A copy is being served on the claimant (or the claimant's solicitor).
        The claimant may contact you direct to attempt to resolve any dispute. If the dispute cannot be resolved
        informally, the claimant will inform the court that he wishes to proceed. The court will then inform you of
        what will happen.

Where he wishes to proceed, the claimant must contact the court within 28 days after receiving a copy of
        your defence. After that period has elapsed, the claim will be stayed. The only action the claimant can then
        take will be to apply to a judge for an order lifting the stay.
        "

--

Today, I received a response from the Sols.

From the giste of it - as part of their claimant's response and so called evidence to my defence, it looks like they want me to provide information that they intend to use against me, for their own gain.

I will share the content of their response in my next post.

Rgds,
        HS02.
        Hello HS

What exactly are they asking for? Please type in the content of the letter in full,
        or post a copy of it here after removing your personal details.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
          Hello HS

What exactly are they asking for? Please type in the content of the letter in full,
          or post a copy of it here after removing your personal details.

nem

Hi Nem,

I wrote my post earlier at #46 re: the sols.
          Amethyst very kindly responded above.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
          Something along these lines.... ( obvs make it in your own words this is just my ramble lol)

Dear Miss Murtagh,

Claim XXXXXXXXXX
          MFS v Helpseeker02

Thank you for your letter dated x/x/2016 in which you state that you '' have no record of a valid section 78 CCA request having been made or not complied with".

Although I believe you should be communicating with your client regarding this matter, in the interests of expediency please find enclosed a copy of the original request made to your client, with which I enclosed a postal order for £1, dated xx/xx/2016 and their subsequent response dated xx/xx/2016 where they state; "We confirm that we do not hold all your information on file, therefore we have requested a Statement of Account and a copy of the Agreement with the accompanying Terms & Conditions from the original creditor and will forward to you upon receipt. The account is on hold whilst we await this information.". I would suggest you clarify this with your client.

Of course, I have previously requested that your client agree to a formal extension of the time for the filing my defence in order to allow them time to obtain these documents, despite the fact that they should have had sight of these before commencing court action. As no agreement was made I have proceeded with filing my defence and I now await your clients response.

I am sure you are aware that pursuant to s.78(6) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 your client is unable to enforce the agreement whilst he remains in default of my formal request.

I have not previously received a notice of assignment of any alleged debt from ORIGINAL CREDITOR to your client and would expect this to be provided in order to evidence your client has a legal right to be bringing this action at all. These documents will be required by the court approximately 14 days before any hearing, it would simply save court time and costs if the documents were provided before the deadline, set by your client, passed, in order that I could assess my position fully.

I will continue to defend your clients claim and will not be completing the N9 form that you kindly provided.

I trust this clarifies my position.

Kind regards

Helpseeker02

Hi Amethyst,

Thank you very much for your quick response.

I'm sure that I didn't mention anything re: an extension time and the sols didn't state it either.

Shall I still keep that part that you mentioned in my response letter to them, or leave it out?

Thanks and regards,
          HS02.

Comment

Thanks HS I'm on a borrowed laptop which is all over the place.
            Everything is properly on course as [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] has sorted it for you.

nem

Comment

Hi Nem,

I wrote my post earlier at #46 re: the sols.
              Amethyst very kindly responded above.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Amethyst,

Thank you very much for your quick response.

I'm sure that I didn't mention anything re: an extension time and the sols didn't state it either.

Shall I still keep that part that you mentioned in my response letter to them, or leave it out?

Thanks and regards,
              HS02.

Ahh usually we mention it in the CPR 31.14 letter, but if you didn't just leave it out, t'is fine xxxxx
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] and [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION],

Thank you very much for your responses today xxxx

I just wanted to ask re: the court's letter about the 28 days notice or lapse, otherwise the claim will be stayed.

Is that something that would be of benefit to me?
                Or should I write/send my new response within the given time i.e. the sols stated 14 days term, and then the ball is in the defendant/sols court?

Rgds,
                HS.

Comment

Hi @Amethyst and @nemesis45,

Thank you very much for your responses today xxxx

I just wanted to ask re: the court's letter about the 28 days notice or lapse, otherwise the claim will be stayed.

Is that something that would be of benefit to me?
                  Or should I write/send my new response within the given time i.e. the sols stated 14 days term, and then the ball is in the defendant/sols court?

Rgds,
                  HS.
                  The " Rule" is that the claimant has 25 days from the date they receive a defence to respond to it either to state
                  that they intend to continue or they are going to discontinue the claim, if the claimant doe does not respond at
                  all the court will of it own volition stay ( suspend) the claim. The claimant will then have to apply to lift the stay and
                  pay a fee to do so.

You will Not be informed if this happens, checks with the court just after the 28 days has expired will have to be made
                  to find the status of the claim.

If a stay is prolonged the defendant can give notice that they intend to apply for the claim to be struck out and will expect
                  the claimant to meet the costs of the application.

nem

Comment

Thank you for the explanation @nemesis45

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                      Ahh usually we mention it in the CPR 31.14 letter, but if you didn't just leave it out, t'is fine xxxxx

Hi @Amethyst,
                      Confession.....my bad! :tinysmile_aha_t:
                      After going over my CPR request again, I realised that you are right!

In my request I did mention an extension time, although it has not been acknowledged/mentioned in the sols response that I had previously posted up.

I will keep your original entry :thumb:
                      Warmest and thanks,
                      HS.

Comment

Hi all, @nemesis45,

I'm confused about some dates.

The 12th Jan 2016 is the court notification date stating that they had served my defence to the claimant.

I called the c/court today and requested the deadline date as to when the claimant must respond re: the notification.

I was told it is 33 days from the 12th Jan 2016. According my calculations, that date is Sunday 14th Feb 2016.

How is it then, that the sols sent me a letter dated Friday 5th February, giving me 14 days to get back to them with my response?

That means that I have until Friday 19th Feb to respond, which is 5 days after they are due to respond to the court?

1. Are they playing dirty buggars here?

2. Also in my response letter to the sols, can I also ask for any costs because they are expecting costs from me as though they have the upper hand?

I welcome your response.

Rgds,
                        HS
                        Last edited by Helpseeker02; 8th February 2016, 16:00:PM. Reason: wrong date time stated

Comment

keep to court timings only - not the cheating solicitors

Comment

Hi [MENTION=3599]MIKE770[/MENTION],
                            Yep - they certainly showed their hand.
                            Thanks for that.

Rgds,
                            HS.

Comment

Hi Guys [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION],

I hope you are all well?
                              Just wanted to inform you about a couple of things.

1. DCA & Sols.
                              I have not lately heard anything from them re: claim correspondence.

2. Nth'ton CCBC
                              I checked my online a/c. There has not been an update there from the defendants.
                              My defence was submitted mid January 2016 and their response date was mid February.

Can you provide any suggestions/advice about the next steps?

Thanks and rgds,
                              HS.

Comment

Hi Guys @nemesis45,

I hope you are all well?
                                Just wanted to inform you about a couple of things.

1. DCA & Sols.
                                I have not lately heard anything from them re: claim correspondence.

2. Nth'ton CCBC
                                I checked my online a/c. There has not been an update there from the defendants.
                                My defence was submitted mid January 2016 and their response date was mid February.

Can you provide any suggestions/advice about the next steps?

Thanks and rgds,
                                HS.
                                Hello HS,

Check with the court by phone tomorrow the claim may be stayed.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X