• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hello - Claim Form received from Northampton CC Business Centre

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello - Claim Form received from Northampton CC Business Centre

Hello,

At the end of July 2013, I sent a cca request letter to Apex (dca). Within the timeframe I received the response below.
    "We have referred your account to Lloyds Banking Group to enable them to supply the information you have requested. Whilst we are waiting for your account information from our client, we can confirm that we have placed your account on hold and we will contact you once we have received a response from our client."

I haven't received the full compliance information from my cca request, even though they responded before Friday 16th Aug 2013.

I have summarised the details of this a/c below:

Type of a/c: C/card
    C/card company: BOS
    Correspondence: received settlement offers of varied amounts over the years
    Opening credit limit: £3,600
    Date c/card opened: Feb 2001
    Closing credit limit: £8,900
    PPI Included: n/a
    Charges and Late fees incl: yes
    Interest % amounts: 12.94%, 13.9%, 21.95%, 24.4%
    Balance before transfer to dca: £9,600+
    Name of dca: Apex
    Current monthly payments: £5.00 by s/order
    Latest payment made: August 2013
    Statements received from dca: 1 to 2 times per year
    Balance to date: £9,200

Regards.
    Tags: None

Re: CCA Request_BOS c/card with Apex dca

Originally posted by Helpseeker View Post
    I haven't received the full compliance information from my cca request, even though they responded before Friday 16th Aug 2013.
    What have they failed to supply?

Comment

Originally posted by Helpseeker View Post
      Hello,

At the end of July 2013, I sent a cca request letter to Apex (dca). Within the timeframe I received the response below.
      "We have referred your account to Lloyds Banking Group to enable them to supply the information you have requested. Whilst we are waiting for your account information from our client, we can confirm that we have placed your account on hold and we will contact you once we have received a response from our client."

That's perfectly fine and just what you would expect from a DCA, they wouldn't have the documents and always have to go to the original lender to obtain them.
      They have put the account on hold which is what we were looking for!

There is no need to reply, the account will be unenforceable until such time they send a compliant document, which given the age of the account, could well be never!

Comment

Originally posted by Nibbler View Post
        What have they failed to supply?
        By the sounds of it, everything! They've just written to say they'll get the documents from the OC.

Comment

When they said "full", I assumed that there was some partial compliance. Clearly not.

Comment

Sit. Wait. see what they stump up, if anything, then post back for advice.

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
              By the sounds of it, everything! They've just written to say they'll get the documents from the OC.
              Yes that's right. I received a one page letter.

Comment

Ball in their court still then.

Comment

When they said "full", I assumed that there was some partial compliance. Clearly not.
                  Sorry, my language.
                  Their response basically said that they had nothing to show me in relation to my cca request.

Comment

Yes.
                    I'm waiting to receive today's post, and I believe that today is the deadline.

For clarity, I have a few questions. I dated my letters 'Monday 29th July', although I posted them by recorded delivery on Saturday 27th July.
                    So I was just wondering about the 12+2 working days deadline. When does this actually start?

Is if from the date on the letter that was posted to the dca's? ~ Mon 29th July
                    Is it from the recorded delivery posting? ~ Sat 27th July
                    Is it from the day that it was received and/or signed by the receiver? Mon 29th onwards

I'd like to know as I'm considering stopping my d/debits and standing orders to the dca's.

Regards,
                    HS.

Comment

Ball in their court still then.
                      Yes, just awaiting another response from them.

Comment

Don't worry too much about the exact number of days, technically the accounts are unenforceable until such time they respond with a properly executed agreement for each one. This type of unenforceability is redeemable, i.e. they can rectify the breach at any time by providing such an agreement, even if it's provided outside the 12+2 days. If the accounts have been passed on to DCAs, they are unlikely to obtain the documents that quickly, all they can do is ask the original lender for the paperwork and wait. :clock:

Comment

Hello - Claim Form received from Northampton CC Business Centre

Hello members,

Its been some time since I was last on the site, but I do welcome some help.
                          Today (15th Dec) I received a Claim Form N1SDT from Northampton County Court Business Centre, 21-27 St Katherine's Street.

Info:

- Issue Date: 11 Dec 2015
                          - Claimant: MFS Portfolio Limited
                          - Address for Documents and Payments: Restons Solicitors Limited
                          - Particulars of Claim:
                          The Claimant claims payment of the overdue balance due from the Defendant(s) under a contract between the Defendant(s) and BoS dated on or about Jan 31 2001 and assigned to the Claimant on Jun 29 2015

PARTICULARS a/c no (account no. stated)

DATE ITEM VALUE
                          10/11/2015 Default Balance £9,xxx.xx
                          Post Refrl Cr NIL
                          TOTAL £9,xxx.xx

The Court fee is £410.00
                          Legal representatives costs £100.00
                          Total amount over £9,500+

Signed: Nigel Petri Coe
                          Claimants Legal Representative

Also in the pack are:
                          - Form N9SDT Response Pack Acknowledgement of service
                          - Form N9A (SDT) Form of Admission (specified amount)
                          - Form N9B (SDT) Defence and Counterclaim (specified amount)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

History:

The lead up to this is that over the years, the account has been referred to numerous dca's i.e. Apex, Capquest, Westcot, 2f (trading name of Westcot), Cabot Financial (Marlin) - Assignment of account.

At the end of July 2013, I wrote to Apex with a formal request re: s.77/78 of the CCA 1974. A response was received dated 29 May 2013 with the original client being named as Lloyds Banking Group. They stated to confirm that they have referred the account to Llloyds for them to supply the information I requested.

Whilst they waited for the account information from their client, they confirmed that they placed the account on hold and would make contact once they received a response from their client.

I did not received anything more from them.
                          I believe that they sold the account onto another dca as the next correspondence was in early March 2014 from Capquest. They in turn have not made any reference to LLoyds.

I think that the claim should be defended. Do I complete form N9B?

Can you please advise as to what I should do?

Regards,
                          Helpseeker02

Comment

Re: Hello - Claim Form received from Northampton CC Business Centre

Hi all,

I acknowledged the claim.

The next step is for the claimant. I previously wrote a CCA request in July 2013 to the original company - Apex. Should I:

1. Send the original letter with a covering letter to MFS. If so, what do I put in the covering letter?
                            2. Or just send an updated CCA request to them?

Regards,
                            Helpseeker02.

Comment

Re: Hello - Claim Form received from Northampton CC Business Centre

I'll give [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] a shout.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X