• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hello - Claim Form received from Northampton CC Business Centre

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hello - Claim Form received from Northampton CC Business Centre

Originally posted by Helpseeker02 View Post
    I worked it out :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Please see attachment.

Regards.
    Well I can't see how a card was even issued with every single box ticked imo as an intended " recon " agreement " it's no good.

nem

Comment

I must clarify.

On the pre-redacted form in the 'Name and Address' section, only one box was ticked.

Due to it being uploaded/public, multiple boxes have been ticked for anonymity.

The same reason applies for the other sections with multiple ticks.

Sorry for the confusion.

Regards,
      HS.

Comment

Hi All,

With reference to the information uploaded in the form, I know that the content is not that clear and where required,
        I can type up any of the sections.

Please let me know if you have any questions?

Regards,
        HS.

Comment

Hi [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION]
          Hi [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION]

The deadline for my response to the sols is this Thursday 19th Jan.
          I would need to draft a response and send it by the latest Tuesday 17th.

They sent a one-pager of the app form with no t&c's, so I understand that they have not fully complied with my previous requests for information.

Can you please advise as to what I must state in my letter?
          Also any legal quotes too?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
          HS.

Comment

Hi @Diana M
            Hi @nemesis45

The deadline for my response to the sols is this Thursday 19th Jan.
            I would need to draft a response and send it by the latest Tuesday 17th.

They sent a one-pager of the app form with no t&c's, so I understand that they have not fully complied with my previous requests for information.

Can you please advise as to what I must state in my letter?
            Also any legal quotes too?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
            HS.

Hello HS,

The response I would make would be along the lines of:

Their Name
            Address.

Date

Their Refs:

I am in receipt of your letter dated........................... enclosing a document that allege is the regulated agreement pertaining to the alleged debt from which this claim arises.

Having reviewed this items (s) provided I have concluded that the documents supplied do not satisfy my request made under the provisions of CCA 1974 (as amended) as I am sure you are fully aware.

I now respectfully suggest that you advise your client to discontinue the claim as your client has no reasonable chance of success.

Amend add as you see fit.

Address to: Mr Nigel Petrie Coe Principal Restons Solicitors.
            Use signed for post:

nem

Comment

Hi [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION],
              Thank you very much

Comment

Hi @nemesis45,
                Thank you very much
                tag me [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] if you need more!

nem

Comment

Thank you, I will do!

Comment

Hi [MENTION=76856]Helpseeker02[/MENTION]

Is that copy agreement of the agreement illegible in entirety in'real life'? (ie can it be read easily without, say a magnifying glass)?
                    Obviously, if you normally wear glasses, you don't count them as an aid for this purpose.

& is the date of signature 2001?
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                    gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

• Re: Hello - Claim Form received from Northampton CC Business Centre

Hi [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION],

Yes to both questions.

Seriously, a good magnifying glass is definitely required in order to read the information on the form. Why do you ask?

Regards,
                      HS

Comment

Hi @charitynjw,

Yes to both questions.

Seriously, a good magnifying glass is definitely required in order to read the information on the form. Why do you ask?

Regards,
                        HS

Imho, classic Carey v HSBC iredeemably unenforceable.
                        http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/QB/2009/3417.html

1/Not easily readable (Copies Regulations),
                        http://www.johnpughschambers.co.uk/C...tions_1983.pdf s2(1)
                        2/ No prescribed terms (that I can see), &
                        3/ Pre 2007, so the original CCA 1974 s127.3 kicks in.

But I'm not an expert.
                        Read the above case, & google 2&3.....see what you think.
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                        gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thank you very much,
                          I will have a look now.

Best regards,
                          HS.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                            Imho, classic Carey v HSBC iredeemably unenforceable.
                            http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/QB/2009/3417.html

1/Not easily readable (Copies Regulations),
                            http://www.johnpughschambers.co.uk/C...tions_1983.pdf s2(1)
                            2/ No prescribed terms (that I can see), &
                            3/ Pre 2007, so the original CCA 1974 s127.3 kicks in.

But I'm not an expert.
                            Such modesty Charity.

You may not have been officially recognised as a legal expert but you're getting there

Joanna Connolly is an expert on the Carey v HSBC case since she was one of the solicitors involved.

Di

Comment

Wow, this is great to know.

I will certainly come back to you as soon as I can either later today or in the am/pm tomorrow.
                              I do appreciate very much the information sent and all of your time/help.

Warmest,
                              HS.

Comment

I will do!
                                Before you fire off a letter to Restons' senior solicitor (not the case/ file handler) stop and think about some of the options we discussed in post # 83.

This claim has been stayed for almost a year.

This may be the moment where tactics kick in.

I'd be as thrilled as you if Restons decide to discontinue the claim on receipt of your letter as proposed in post # 95 but this is a £9.5k claim so don't be surprised if they don't.

The deadline they set for your response is Thursday 19th January. So no rush

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X