• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dates incorrect on court paperwork

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dates incorrect on court paperwork

My partner is currently dealing with a claim for money made against him by his ex partner in the small claims court. We both attended the first hearing with the judge and he clearly stated that he was giving my partner 21 days from that hearing to file a defence against her claim and put in a counter claim (of nearly £30,000 might I add) and financial breakdown. He did not receive any paperwork from the court after the hearing so we rang up the court to ask where the paperwork was, to check that it was indeed 21 days and what date that would be. We were told there was a back log in the courts, that it was 21 days and that all paperwork must be in no later than 4pm on 15/12/2015. He filed all his paperwork on 14/12/2015. He has received court paperwork today stating that his defence and counter claim needed to be in on 07/12/2015.
    The story gets even more strange as his ex partners step mother works in the same court office! Having been present at the first hearing and having heard with my own ears the judge clearly state 21 days and been there when my partner rang the court (the phone was on loud speaker) and was told it was 21 days and the date of the 15/12/2015, we both feel there is something very suspicious going on. Is there anything we can do to appeal this or anyone we can report our suspicions to?
    Please be aware, neither myself or my partner have the funds to afford a solicitor so any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: Dates incorrect on court paperwork

Originally posted by MysDee View Post
    My partner is currently dealing with a claim for money made against him by his ex partner in the small claims court. We both attended the first hearing with the judge and he clearly stated that he was giving my partner 21 days from that hearing to file a defence against her claim and put in a counter claim (of nearly £30,000 might I add) and financial breakdown. He did not receive any paperwork from the court after the hearing so we rang up the court to ask where the paperwork was, to check that it was indeed 21 days and what date that would be. We were told there was a back log in the courts, that it was 21 days and that all paperwork must be in no later than 4pm on 15/12/2015. He filed all his paperwork on 14/12/2015. He has received court paperwork today stating that his defence and counter claim needed to be in on 07/12/2015.
    The story gets even more strange as his ex partners step mother works in the same court office! Having been present at the first hearing and having heard with my own ears the judge clearly state 21 days and been there when my partner rang the court (the phone was on loud speaker) and was told it was 21 days and the date of the 15/12/2015, we both feel there is something very suspicious going on. Is there anything we can do to appeal this or anyone we can report our suspicions to?
    Please be aware, neither myself or my partner have the funds to afford a solicitor so any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Good evening.

If you believe that court records have been falsified you must make a complaint to the court manager immediately
    this will be taken very seriously.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X