• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Accepting Payment by Credit Card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accepting Payment by Credit Card

I have a potential customer who wants to pay for some building works by credit card (over £8000) as he's either got 0% or will tranfer to 0%.

We do not have facilities as we have never had a need-I know that normal on-line bank accounts have facility to transfer money to another persons account--so I assumed Barclaycard etc had--but on perusing Barclaycard site, it appears not. Are all on-line Credit Card Account management sites similar?

If so, does anyone know of a method?

After using Google, I have seen Worldpay at £200 enrollment plus £30/mth plus a significant % of each transaction--and the costs are prohibitive for a one-off.

Turbo

Re: Accepting Payment by Credit Card

Theres always the dreaded paypal, which again occurs a fee, and TBH I wouldnt put £8k through them.

Have you asked your bank if they have any facilty to do this for a one off transaction?

Some bank enable credit card cheques, but as these usually count as a Cash Purchase I suppose your client would not use this.

PKea

Comment

Worldpay is expensive and only worth doing if you are an online retailer.

If this is a one off I wouldnt set anything special up for him, a credit card cheque would be fine if he then transfers balance to a zero % card he shouldnt lose too much on the interest front either.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks for replies--I'll try the Bank today, if not I'll raise the Credit Card cheque idea with him

Turbo

Comment

Credit card chequewill count as cash purchase and it will cost 2% of the £8000 which is in my calculation £360(I think!!!!!!!)

Comment

The credit card cheque encashment charge will be incurred by the potential customer and not turboman. If it is a regular customer then it may be worth looking into it but would having the facility to take credit cards increase turnover in the business? Is the potential customer going to be someone who will become a major customer? Is it worth the hassle?

Comment

Credit card cheques don't necessarily count as cash purchases.

MBNA and many others (Capital One, Mint, ...) count credit card cheques as balance transfers most of the time.

2% of £8,000 is £160, TheGobbyOne.

Comment

Originally posted by argentarius View Post
                Credit card cheques don't necessarily count as cash purchases.

MBNA and many others (Capital One, Mint, ...) count credit card cheques as balance transfers most of the time.

2% of £8,000 is £160, TheGobbyOne.
                pmsl.................yes well am blaming the wine I ahd drunk before I tried to work it out:tinysmile_aha_t:

Comment

Ah, well, I did that calculation at work early in the morning when I could think straight, unlike now after a few glasses of wine with my dinner.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X