• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Catalogue Debt - Family Dispute (Advice appreciated!!!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Catalogue Debt - Family Dispute (Advice appreciated!!!)

Without an agreement ( which they have admitted they do not have) there is little they can do except make a fuss and destroy your credit file...

You can send a subject access request under the data protection act to Grattan/Look again to obtain all information they hold about ''you'' which should include copies of the DD authority, which should give you a better idea if this is down to your girlfriend - though it sounds like you are pretty convinced it will be.

My girlfriend has also discussed this with CAP. They mentioned it might be possible to provide access to her mental health issues along with other evidence (i.e. where payment came from and my whereabouts when deliveries were made) to transfer the debt and credit history. That would also required Grattan's cooperation.
    I think that is a good idea to let CAP get involved in dealing with this - you can tell Grattan that you are seeking advice from CAP and they should put the case on hold for 30 days and stop bugging you.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: Catalogue Debt - Family Dispute (Advice appreciated!!!)

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      Without an agreement ( which they have admitted they do not have) there is little they can do except make a fuss and destroy your credit file...

You can send a subject access request under the data protection act to Grattan/Look again to obtain all information they hold about ''you'' which should include copies of the DD authority, which should give you a better idea if this is down to your girlfriend - though it sounds like you are pretty convinced it will be.

I think that is a good idea to let CAP get involved in dealing with this - you can tell Grattan that you are seeking advice from CAP and they should put the case on hold for 30 days and stop bugging you.
      UPDATE:
      It's been a while - a bit of back and forth between myself and EOS. I acknowledged that I'm now aware accounts were opened in my name but wasn't aware at the point and did not provide permission, etc. I noted that I shouldn't be held accountable for something I haven't done and couldn't be proven, also acknowledging mental health issues with regards to the dispute. I also advised that going down the fraud route is not an option due to the illness/family dispute, and I would be willing to help to transfer of the debt to CAP/person responsible, or pay in installments at a vastly reduced amount.

I offered 25%. They offered a 25% reduction but wouldn't budge. After a few more letters back and forth EOS noted they are passing this back to Grattan.

I've sent a letter to Grattan now asking for more details, advising of the situation and this could be transferred to CAP/person responsible or a sensible amount could agreed in installments minus any charges. Again, what could I have done about something I didn't know about. I'll be chasing Grattan every 3-4 weeks if I don't hear from them. At least that shows a willingness to resolve the matter. I'll also get on to sending a SAR to them.

Any comments/thoughts appreciated.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X