• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Holiday cancelled - refused compensation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday cancelled - refused compensation

During summer I thoroughly researched and booked what will be a first overseas holiday for many years. For health reasons it will also be my last.

I was due to leave as a single traveller for 3 weeks in January. The Portuguese hotel was booked and fully paid through booking.com a well known internet booking agent. I had a cancellation notice from them a few weeks ago. After much difficulty I have recovered 'most' of the hotel costs although some remains outstanding. They are refusing to repay my bank charges for the transaction and also exchange rate difference. I am out of pocket.

An alternative inferior remote hotel was offered without room description. I am disabled and this could not be accepted. You will understand the personal distress caused.

I booked airfares separately which cannot be cancelled. The booking agent has refused to compensate this loss or meet any other direct financial loss suffered. They have no responsibility for distress. It seems as though if they terminate the contract they have no obligations for consequential loss. An ideal business!

Where do I stand please ?
    Tags: None

Re: Holiday cancelled - refused compensation

Be really grateful if someone could pick up this problem over the weekend and offer some advice. I know holiday problems are bit of a bore but cannot find guidance elsewhere. Suspect because I booked flights separate from hotel rather than total package - good deal of help available on package rights but not mine.

Obliged.........

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X