• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MBNA credit card (county claim form ) was abbey national

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MBNA credit card (county claim form ) was abbey national

It was virtually certain there would be no signed credit agreement from an account taken out in 1996 !! MBNA were very lax back then.

I had an old MBNA account and they did produce a very dodgy microfiche copy of a signed agreement with me, but it was all but unreadable and appeared to be just the application form not an agreement.

The upshot is the DCA can reconstruct an agreement to satisfy the CCA request, but cannot take this to court without at least a credible copy of the original signed agreement.
    They were out to get me!! But now it's too late!!

Comment

Originally posted by basa48 View Post
      It was virtually certain there would be no signed credit agreement from an account taken out in 1996 !! MBNA were very lax back then.

I had an old MBNA account and they did produce a very dodgy microfiche copy of a signed agreement with me, but it was all but unreadable and appeared to be just the application form not an agreement.

The upshot is the DCA can reconstruct an agreement to satisfy the CCA request, but cannot take this to court without at least a credible copy of the original signed agreement.
      Creditor only have to keep records for 6 years after an account has been closed.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
        Creditor only have to keep records for 6 years after an account has been closed.

nem
        When do you consider an account is closed - obviously when satisfied, but also presumably when sold absolute to a DCA ?
        They were out to get me!! But now it's too late!!

Comment

Originally posted by basa48 View Post
          When do you consider an account is closed - obviously when satisfied, but also presumably when sold absolute to a DCA ?
          No sale makes no difference, records have to be kept by the creditor for 6 years whatever has happened with the account, that's why SAR's are so useful.

em

Comment

thank you for your response . what should I do next ? can I complain that it took 3months to not supply me with the agreement ? have they got a certain amount of time to supply me with the agreement ?

Comment

Originally posted by sure ride View Post
              thank you for your response . what should I do next ? can I complain that it took 3months to not supply me with the agreement ? have they got a certain amount of time to supply me with the agreement ?
              Do nothing about chasing the CCA request without the agreement the debt cannot be enforced.

nem

Comment

hi folks hope your all well just want to say a big thanks for all your support and help,just wanted to give you a little update it turned out I had a ppi on the mbna credit card account and it turns out they have agreed to award me £10,274 minus agency fees £1274 so I will believe it when its in my bank but excellent result for the small man against the vultures

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X