• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Name wrong on paperwork

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name wrong on paperwork

oops.
    Last edited by markrabbituk; 28th February 2018, 23:55:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Name wrong on paperwork

Originally posted by markrabbituk View Post
    A few years ago a DCA purchased a debt (I think from the Halifax, but not entirely sure) but began contacting me with my name incorrect. For some reason they kept missing the Ta off of my surname. They would phone me several times a day asking for Mr Ylor (pronounced differently each time). I explained to them each time that that was not my name and what my name was. I have to admit that stupidly I did not realize how they had made the error.

I returned mail with not known at this address and recently I received more mail that was returned. My son happened to (luckily) open a letter this weekend that turned out to be an attachment of earnings application.

I do not despite the debt (if it is what I think it is) but would like the chance to have had a communication in my name so I could sort it out. Even this weekend the penny only dropped about the missing Ta from the beginning of the name because my son spotted it immediately.

Where do I syand regarding a CCJ in the name of Ylor rather than my name Taylor?
    Good afternoon,

Has there been a judgement on this?
    Have you confirmed what this is about?
    Who has applied for the AOE? This has the name Ylor as well.
    I suggest you take a look at your credit reference files asap, Noddle is Free Online.
    Well Mr Ylor is certainly not Mr Taylor so someone has made a major cockup. as above check credit files see if there
    is a judgement in your name?

nem

nem

Comment

There has been a judgement as we mistakenly sent not known at this address.
      It appears to be for a Halifax personal loan
      Restons have applied for the AOE (on behalf of Cabot). This has the name Ylor on it
      Noodle shows this CCJ against me but in name of Ylor

I find this latter bit a tad bizarre. If they knew to put it on MY credit file they surely should be getting the name right.

I need to act quickly (clearly) wrt the AOE

Comment

Originally posted by markrabbituk View Post
        There has been a judgement as we mistakenly sent not known at this address.
        It appears to be for a Halifax personal loan
        Restons have applied for the AOE (on behalf of Cabot). This has the name Ylor on it
        Noodle shows this CCJ against me but in name of Ylor

I find this latter bit a tad bizarre. If they knew to put it on MY credit file they surely should be getting the name right.

I need to act quickly (clearly) wrt the AOE
        It does seem odd, you can quite honestly say these communications were
        returned unopened because the name ( which clearly could be a " foreign" )
        was not yours.

Are you employed, do you know if your employer has been sent an order.

Forgive me but how can this CCJ be shown against you " in the name of Ylor.

nem

Comment

I suggest you check the Trust Online records to see exactly what name is on the CCJ, see http://debtcamel.co.uk/do-you-have-ccjs/ for how to do this.

Have you ever had a Halifax personal loan? If you did, did you default on it?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X