• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Goldlady v BT (Business)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goldlady v BT (Business)

Wondered if anyone could help with BT problem.

7 Dec 2005 - placed order on BT website to move phone lines to new business premises

7 Dec 2005 - email reply from BT Business Movers confirming order - they would be in touch in two days

9 Dec 2005 - chased up by email as heard nothing

12 Dec 2005 - email from BT giving us 0800 number to check on progress

21 Dec 2005 - spoke to BT local office and received confirmation of cost by fax

18 Jan 2006 - phones finally connected (7 weeks and 1 day later)

After much correspondence with BT they offered us £1K compensation saying that as they had not confirmed an appointment date to install they were not liable to pay us compensation at all. They say they had no record of our order until beginning of January. I accepted compensation as we needed it but said it was only in full and final settlement for their inability to provide a service between the date in January (will find this) and the final connection date.

I now want to sue them for compensation for the preceding five weeks on the basis that our placing an order on their website and their email acknowledgement represented offer and acceptance (as we were existing customer as far as I am concerned we had a contract at that point). Bearing in mind that we run a business and being without phones for seven weeks was just a tad inconvenient.

Has anyone any insight on this before I send them a LBA?

Thanks

Goldlady

Hiya goldie,

Tell you the truth, I am honestly astonished that you are still thinking of having BT as your provider. It is now six months since you contacted them, does that not give you an indication of how crappy they are.
    Now if it was me, firstly I would ask BT to put the monies into my account, without any contract. If they fail on that go elsewhere. If they do happen to deposit the cash, happily take it make sure you are not locked into a contract, if not look elsewhere, as there are so many cheeper and more reliable providers than BT.

Thats just my opinion,
    Good Luck.
    Hod..Liam..
    Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X