• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Provident personal credit Thieves

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Provident personal credit Thieves

WARNING:
    me and my partner had a loan each with the provident On 10/11/15 local agent called in the evening for the weekly payment, following day 11/11/15 at 17.15 pm I phoned the head office and spoke to someone named Mobeen, she gave me a ESB ( early settlement balance ) I explained to her that I wrote a cheque out the day before she told me that she can not take that into account as it is not showing, and the provident would send the money back when the cheque clears, I then told her that I will cancel the cheque and she said that is up to you, so I settled the account and likewise so did my partner too, where Mobeen gave us 2 settlement reference numbers 1 for me 1 for my partner. Thinking everything was done and dusted all paid off 3 weeks later I get a call from our local agent saying there is money still owing £95.63 on my account on as a cheque came back unpaid, I telephoned Provident and spoke to someone in collections called Nosheen who told me the reason it Took 3 weeks for them to notify me was because my bank took 2 half weeks to notify Provident my weekly payment was £40.00 at the time they now what £55.63 and plus the £40.00 for the cheque that I cancelled,I told her I will pay this morning and make a formal compliant after I asked her to email me and give me something in writing she told me they can't do that but can only give me a reference number I informed her that I have already got one of them when I settled the accounts, I believe that these parasites are obtaining money under false pretences consumers beware, I have since spoken to the local agent who told me that she paid the cheque in on the 11/11/15 in the morning the same day that I settled both accounts in the evening by debt card,
    Tags: None

Re: Provident personal credit Thieves

Originally posted by Cabby1 View Post
    WARNING:
    me and my partner had a loan each with the provident On 10/11/15 local agent called in the evening for the weekly payment, following day 11/11/15 at 17.15 pm I phoned the head office and spoke to someone named Mobeen, she gave me a ESB ( early settlement balance ) I explained to her that I wrote a cheque out the day before she told me that she can not take that into account as it is not showing, and the provident would send the money back when the cheque clears, I then told her that I will cancel the cheque and she said that is up to you, so I settled the account and likewise so did my partner too, where Mobeen gave us 2 settlement reference numbers 1 for me 1 for my partner. Thinking everything was done and dusted all paid off 3 weeks later I get a call from our local agent saying there is money still owing £95.63 on my account on as a cheque came back unpaid, I telephoned Provident and spoke to someone in collections called Nosheen who told me the reason it Took 3 weeks for them to notify me was because my bank took 2 half weeks to notify Provident my weekly payment was £40.00 at the time they now what £55.63 and plus the £40.00 for the cheque that I cancelled,I told her I will pay this morning and make a formal compliant after I asked her to email me and give me something in writing she told me they can't do that but can only give me a reference number I informed her that I have already got one of them when I settled the accounts, I believe that these parasites are obtaining money under false pretences consumers beware, I have since spoken to the local agent who told me that she paid the cheque in on the 11/11/15 in the morning the same day that I settled both accounts in the evening by debt card,
    At least one lesson learned don't deal with financial matters by phone.

You need to address a formal complaint with a person in authority, e.g. Managing Director send it by signed for post.

nem

Comment

Re: Provident personal credit Thieves

Thank you I have the matter in hand, I have issued a formal compliant to provident and I am now waiting for their final decision, before I escalate it to the F O S they do not reply I will after 8 weeks once again thank you.
      Last edited by Cabby1; 6th December 2015, 21:17:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X