• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Varooma nightmare

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Varooma nightmare

Hi all.

Yes I am yet another fool who has taken a loan out with this company but desperate times lead to desperate measures.
    Basically I took out a 12 month loan for £800 on 4th July 2014 and I had to pay back £113per month which I paid up until and inclusive of may. I then had card fraud which resulted in my card being cancelled so my last payment wasn't paid.
    I had no idea this had happened and had no contact with them until monday when I had a knock on the door from a repo agent from wrights recoveries saying he had come for my car. As my car is a taxi and I'm self employed he said he would leave it if I rang the office and offered to make a payment.
    I immediately contacted them by email and have been speaking to them all this week. The money owing has gone from £113 to £976!! I explained I couldn't pay this in one payment so they said to make an offer of repayment which I did and I was waiting for an answer.
    In the meantime I left my car outside my house yesterday while I walked my dogs and when I came home the car was gone?? There has been no card, letter or anything and I have contacted varooma yesterday and today and they have told me that they haven't taken it. I have had to report my car as stolen because my purse, bank cards etc were all in the glove box.
    If it turns out varooma have taken my car have they broken any laws? I also need my personal belongings back as well as my taxi because I can't go to work.
    Sorry for the longwinded question and any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated. Tia
    Tags: None

Re: Varooma nightmare

Originally posted by bestmummy15 View Post
    If it turns out varooma have taken my car have they broken any laws? I also need my personal belongings back as well as my taxi because I can't go to work.
    Have they ever sent you (a) a Default Notice or (b) a Notice of Sums in Arrears?

From what you say, they would have broken a lot of the CCTA code of conduct and a lot of the FCA's treating customers fairly rules. As such you may have a case to go to the Financial Ombudsman.

Comment

Hi Debt camel, thankyou for replying . I haven't received any information from them at all though they're saying I have. They told me via email this week that my car had been sent for repossession but as I was in talks to pay the debt I never dreamed that they would still take it. The thing is because they're saying they haven't taken it I don't know for definite that they have hence the reason the police are now involved. The car has been flagged as stolen and the officer who is dealing with it said that they should have given me a last opportunity to pay the debt before they took my car and the police also said they are not allowed to take my personal belongings. I had money etc in my taxi. It's all such a mess and I know it's my own fault but I can't believe how badly I've been treated over one missed payment! I wish I knew where wrights recoveries kept vehicles and I would go and look myself but their website says they are based in Sheffield but i'm in county durham so they must have agents all over the country. Needle in a haystack comes to mind. I'm going to ring QB enforcement first thing in the morning regarding the BOS because something about the way they have done this doesn't sit right with me.

Comment

What was the outcome of all this? Did you get the car back?

Comment

Hi everyone. I thought I had updated and I hadn't sorry about that.
          I had to pay £485 to get my car back as there was nothing I could do. Not bad considering the payment was only £113!! Anyway they said I could get my car back and pay the repo fee at a later date. The thing is they have sent me my logbook back but are now emailing me about this payment. I explained about the logbook and they have said it's been sent back to me by mistake.
          Am I right in thinking they now can't enforce the repo fee??
          Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X