• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

I won @ dwp tribunal, now dwp wont pay backdated money

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I won @ dwp tribunal, now dwp wont pay backdated money

Hi all,

Firstly I'd like to thank everyone getting me through all the weeks of having no money coming in through unlawful sanction.... 14 Weeks..
    I'm sure I'm not the only one on here with this problem,

My Case has been heard at tribunal and I have had my medical, I won the tribunal, but now DWP won't pay me my backdated payments, I am owed almost 6 weeks full money from when it was stopped, and 17 weeks of the difference between, the reduced payment and what I should now receive. In total it's just under £2000 minimum, and more if I get the enhanced disability payment.

NOW WHAT DO I DO TO FIGHT THIS.

DWP decided to swap me from income support to ESA in February this year, the first I knew was when I received a letter with a date to go for a medical, 2nd letter was cancelling that appointment due to unforeseen circumstances on their side.
    3rd letter was April saying I had missed my appointment, I followed all instructions and kept in contact with DWP asking them to arrange another appointment as I did not receive an appointment. End of July I received the last payment off DWP, after that I spent weeks on the phone arguing my case, mandatory reconsideration, refused to reinstate my money, and told me it would not be reinstated until I have a medical, and if I wanted to I could appeal although they advised against it, as I would probably lose. At the time they stopped my money, DWP were fully aware I was about to have my 3rd brain surgery, and the date of 7th September. They didn't care.

Anyway after a month or so after op, living on £58 tax credit a week. I found this site and a dieing mans 2 year fight at the end of his life, stating case laws, and house of common rulings. The Main one for anyone who has been sanctioned or is still being sanctioned was" you have the right to insist that your money is reinstated" I took this with pinch of salt, as I had been on the phone written letters daily, crying begging for them to help. After reading this blog, I rang on a Monday morning, and done exactly what this guy said, I had some very obnoxious woman, followed by another then a really arrogant man, but I stood my ground, and kept saying by law and house of common ruling, I INSIST I RECEIVE PAYMENT, and told them I would only speak to a decision maker.

2 hours later I had a call I went through everything, believing I was talking to someone in authority, this lady was pretty sympathetic and then said it wasn't Upto Her but she would speak to a decision maker and get them to call me. Within an hour a got the call from Decision Maker, restarting my money but on a lower rate until medical. And she also backdated it partially to the date I had brain surgery. And said I could only get the rest after tribunal if I won.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X