• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Rossendales

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rossendales

Hi all, I'm new on here and seeking advice please. I went through extreme financial difficulty last year to the point my mental suffered and was hospitalized. I built up quite a few debts, 3 of which council tax. I had Rossendales demanding all sorts and crazy fee's. The first bailiff was great and really helpful but the second was scum using scare tactics on my wife. The Council didn't help much either until I warned them I would be unemployed if the bailiffs took my car as needed it travelling so far with work. The bailiff still kept threatening but in the end Rossendales agreed to a payment plan by direct debit. I have since paid off two of the debts and only just over 200 on the last one left. Annoyingly this 200 plus quite a few more hundred are what Rossendales added in fees. I received a letter Saturday demanding this 200 in full saying my time to pay had run out. They are threatening to use the liability order and no doubt a load more fees again which I've told them I think is a ploy to con people out of money. Considering Xmas is approaching and I have kids, this amount will certainly affect my family's happiness this Xmas. I've tried ringing them but can't get through for a change. I've emailed them asking shouldn't I have been told this when the schedule was set up or at least given more warning so my weekly payments could have been more. I can't wait never to have to deal with these scum any longer. I was conned in fees by a Marstons agent for a another debt which I now know is also part of Rossendales. Has anyone any advice please as surely as it was them who set this payment plan up now suddenly can't change it after I've made every payment on time and paid nearly 2000 now including hundreds in fees.
    Tags: None

Re: Rossendales

Have you asked for a breakdown of fees charged? You should do this ASAP for each account including any up to 6 years old. You also need a response from the Council as to the amount on each Liability Order.

Comment

Re: Rossendales

No I haven't as I have paid most of the debts off now. I do know the main amount was roughly £850 with the council yet with fees and bailiff visits it amounted to over £1600. I had the same with Marstons chasing a parking ticket fine of £125 which after I contested ended up at that amount. The bailiff Marstons sent had already logged my car before he knocked on the door with an order for £450, £325 of which fees. At the time I was unaware of how much bailiffs rip you off with fees and paid it so he didn't take my car.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X