• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

8% interest on barclays packaged account refund - is it correct?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8% interest on barclays packaged account refund - is it correct?

Hi. I complained about a mis sold current account with Barclays, called additions. The complaint was upheld and I have been sent details of a refund. Is anyone in this site familiar with how the 8% simple interest is calculated as I would like to check it. The monthly fee was £6.50. Account refund from date of upgrade was from Oct 2006 to now, October 2015 which is £689 they say. In.actual fact 9 full years should be £702.

The interest figure at 8% simple is quoted as 260.60 ( then of course income tax deducted from That).

Tax deducted is 52.12.

Total refund is 897.48.

Does the 8% Interest look.correct?

Melann
    Tags: None

Re: 8% interest on barclays packaged account refund - is it correct?

At first sight it doesn't look wrong.

Comment

Just doing you a spreadsheet--hang on for a few mins

Comment

Hi Turboman

Thanks, I tried to access the spreadsheet but on.my mobile, wouldn't let me download it.

Melann

Comment

Hi Turboman

Thanks, I tried to access the spreadsheet but on.my mobile, wouldn't let me download it.

Melann

Comment

I get (assuming £6.50 from 1/10/2006 to 1/10/2015 inclusive) & 0.00022p per day (accepted by the courts)

TOTAL AMOUNT DUE BACK FROM PAYMENTS: £708.50
            TOTAL GROSS 8% : £256.13 (NETT of TAX : £204.90)
            TOTAL DUE BACK: £913.40

see spreadsheet

MELANNS-SS.xls

Comment

You must be sychic-lol--I hadn't posted

Can you read the .xls file above--if not I'll attach it as a .PDF

Originally posted by melann View Post
              Hi Turboman

Melann

Comment

Here's it as a .PDF

MELANNS-SS.pdf

Comment

Thanks for that calculation. Much appreciated.

I have another far more complicated ppi one to ask about too which I have tried to work out manually but failed.

I will post it in next day or so, woyld you mind taking a look later in the week?

Melann

P.s wish I was psychic.

Comment

No problem---if it contains very confidential stuff--first send it to me at address below: (which only myself & Amethyst can view) :

ppi@legalbeagles.info

Thanks for that calculation. Much appreciated.

I have another far more complicated ppi one to ask about too which I have tried to work out manually but failed.

I will post it in next day or so, woyld you mind taking a look later in the week?

Melann

P.s wish I was psychic.

Comment

Hi Turboman

I have sent the calculations I have received from Barclays.

It is a 6 page letter, as it has my details on I have forwarded to the email address you advised.

I hope there is enough information for it to be able to be checked.

I have asked Barclays for an explanation, first they ignored me, then they just re sent the letter.

Kind regards

Melann

Comment

Got them---will study them in next 2 days

Turbs

Hi Turboman

I have sent the calculations I have received from Barclays.

It is a 6 page letter, as it has my details on I have forwarded to the email address you advised.

I hope there is enough information for it to be able to be checked.

I have asked Barclays for an explanation, first they ignored me, then they just re sent the letter.

Kind regards

Melann

Comment

Hmmmm---Interested in this:

"I have enclosed a leaflet from Which? and Moneysavingexpert.com that provides independent information on how the compensation should be calculated"

Can you post here (or send me) the leaflet?

Turbs

Comment

its ok--found it here:
                            http://images.moneysavingexpert.com/...PPIleaflet.PDF

LOL--Here's a quote from a post on MSE forum:

It's good that the leaflet will be included with the redress offer from the bank but it doesn't actually give any detailed information on redress calculations.

All it will do is get people posting on MSE only to be answered by IFAs and the like with nothing better to do than question why they should be getting anything at all

Originally posted by Turboman View Post
                            Hmmmm---Interested in this:

"I have enclosed a leaflet from Which? and Moneysavingexpert.com that provides independent information on how the compensation should be calculated"

Can you post here (or send me) the leaflet?

Turbs

Comment

Just to reassure you--I have some time now (this evening) so will examine your redress letters--

However-I always work bottom up from the detail--so can you supply me with the following from the original loan agreements + ensuing account activity::

For Loans prior to Loans 1 & 2

TOTAL amount of Loan--Subdivided into

A)--Amount of Cash Advance included within the Total Amount
                              B)--PPI Amount included within the Total Amount

Amount of Loan that was in fact carried over from previous loans (+ details thereof)
                              Date of first payment
                              Amount of First Payment & any inreases or decreases to the mthly payment throughout the period of the loan
                              Any missed payment dates ( or Amount shortfalls)
                              Date of Closure of Account & details of outstanding balances still owing and carried forward to a new loan
                              Any Amount actually paid to you in relation to any claims or loan redemption on this account

For Loan1

Amount of Loan that was in fact carried over from previous loans (+ details thereof)
                              Date of first payment
                              Amount of First Payment & any inreases or decreases to the mthly payment throughout the period of the loan
                              Date of Closure of Account & details of outstanding balances still owing and carried forward to a new loan
                              Any Amount actually paid to you in relation to any claims or loan redemption on this account

For Loan2

Date of first payment

Thnx

Turbs
                              Last edited by Turboman; 3rd December 2015, 17:00:PM. Reason: subdividing to deduce PPI content

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X