• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Reclaiming CSA over payments (is it possible?)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reclaiming CSA over payments (is it possible?)

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can direct me to a thread or help me with a question,

Can i reclaim any over payments that i have made through out the duration of my case?

e.g 9 Years ago, for a period of around 3 months i paid CSA even though i wasn't working.

Stupidly at points throughout the case i have buried my head in the sand and allowed the CSA to make a estimations on my earnings which has resulted in me paying a higher rate than i really should have.

I remember years ago reading in the small print of a letter from them that should at any point i over pay, that i could reclaim that money and it would be deducted/of set against any future payments.

Does this still apply?

I have spoken to the CSA and i have been told different things which leaves me with no faith in anything they tell me.

PLEASE HELP :tinysmile_cry_t:

PFUK
    ALL COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS MADE ARE BASED ON MY OWN EXPERIENCES AND OPINIONS, IF IN DOUBT SEEK ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LEGAL PROFESSIONAL.

IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU READ DON'T FORGET TO GIVE ME SOME THANKS AND REP.

ANY PRIVATE MESSAGES DEEMED TO BE NON SUBJECT RELATED, DEROGATORY OR INSULTING WILL BE REPORTED.

pinkfloydianuk
    Tags: None

Re: Reclaiming CSA over payments (is it possible?)

I would not hold your breath, mate. Probably the most incompetent and ill-designed government agency ever! Even claimants had trouble getting money the CSA had acquired from ex-partners.

I wouldn't even go there. It will only re-awaken bad memories and re-open healed wounds and you'll be going around in circles with it. Not even worth the cost of the 'phone calls or the stress. Chalk it up to experience and move on.

Comment

Did the CSA pass the money on to the person who was entitled to it?

Comment

This is very long and complicated, so when i have an hour to sit at my pc i will try and give a better explanation as to why i think i am entitled to try and re claim some of the hundreds, if not thousands in over payments ive made to my ex during the course of my case via the CSA.

Surely someone out there has individually, without paying for legal help, fought and won the CSA.

If i can, i would like with the help of others, to try and leave a thread that others could use as a sort of template in the future.

I will be back with a more in depth background asap.

Regards

PFUK
        ALL COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS MADE ARE BASED ON MY OWN EXPERIENCES AND OPINIONS, IF IN DOUBT SEEK ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LEGAL PROFESSIONAL.

IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU READ DON'T FORGET TO GIVE ME SOME THANKS AND REP.

ANY PRIVATE MESSAGES DEEMED TO BE NON SUBJECT RELATED, DEROGATORY OR INSULTING WILL BE REPORTED.

pinkfloydianuk

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X