• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN from Link Parking - Help Required!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN from Link Parking - Help Required!!!

Hi,

I have received a PCN which I appealed through their own appeals service and subsequently the Independant Appeals Service, both of which were declined.

I parked in a privately owned car park, which I paid a monthly fee of £79 and had a contract as such. On one particular occasion my permit must have fallen off the dashboard and I received a PCN. I appealed providing evidence of payments etc. However, Link Parking just provided evidence of a notice which stated that a valid permit must be displayed at all times.

I think this is quite a harsh stance to take as I was already paying for the said parking space. I have received a letter confirming that my case is being referred to their solicitors. Please can anyone provide some advise as to where I stand with this?

I would be most grateful.

James
    Tags: None

Re: PCN from Link Parking - Help Required!!!

If they know who was driving, it is likely they have a strong potential claim after Beavis. They are not overly litigious but it has been known.

Do they know who was driving ?

M1

Comment

Hi Mystery,
      Unfortunately when I appealed through the Independant Appeals Service, I disclosed that I was the named driver. Do I have any grounds on the basis I was already paying for the parking space?

Thanks

Comment

I would say yes but i reckon, in light of Beavis, most judges would say no. I guess it depends on what rights your £79 contract gives you and what your obligations are.

Probably best to see if you get a proper letter before claim or court papers and if you do negotiate for around the ticket price as they'll get more profit from that than actually paying someone to attend court on their behalf.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X