• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Urgent help needed please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent help needed please

Hello I'm not sure where to start to be honest we have just had a letter from our mortgage company's solicitor informing us that if we don't pay off our arrears within the next 7 days of £1,077.93 that they are instructed to send a request for a warrant of possession to court for issue without further reference to us....We can't find all that money in one go we may be able to find half is there anything else we can do we really don't want to lose our house and have no family to borrow this money from I am worried to death we went to court last year and the judge suspended the possession order ...I think that's what it was and we have been paying it but my hubby had a suspected heart attack and had been off work ill.
    so the mortgage missed a payment we have been trying to catch up but can't seem to get there any help gratefully appreciated we are desperate I am so very worried by this thankyou all so very much for your help.
    Tags: None

Re: Urgent help needed please

Hello archiesmom,
    Get in touch with the solicitor, Explain your situation, that you can pay half now and see if they will accept a payment plan to clear up the arrears.
    Best of luck, Billy the Kid.

Comment

Good afternoon,
      An unpleasant situation for you!
      For what reasons did the judge order the
      possession order to be suspended, on
      promises that arrears and contractual payments
      were to be made and maintained?
      Who else lives in the house are there children living
      with you?

nem

Comment

yes Nem that's right we had the order made that payments of £350 monthly be made we had been doing that but then hubby was ill and we stupidly got behind I feel we were lucky last time but am worried to death now that this will be our only chance at sorting this out as our mortgage company are so horrible it is just me and my husband we don't have any children.

Comment

hi again so things don't seem as gloomy as they did yesterday as a relative has offered to pay the arrears off.... problem is and there are 2, the first is we contacted the mortgage company and told them this and they said no 3rd person payments can anyone explain why that is? also the solicitors letter that I received yesterday states the amount to be 1,078.00 but the mortgage company has said no its now nearly 1500.00 in a day its gone up by nearly £500 can they do that? surely the solicitor would have known the right amount as our payment date is on the 15th of each month anyone have any suggestions in what would be the best way to proceed?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X