• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Setting a CCJ aside

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting a CCJ aside

Well as some people will know I lost my job after a interesting disciplinary process, but while applying for a new job (who ran a credit check) a CCJ showed up.
    turns out this was issued last year at my previous address for a welcome finance loan that defaulted in June 2011 with my last payment made to it in 2010.
    Now when I say previous address its not like I just moved and thought nah sod it.
    i discovered that my wife was having a affair behind my back with a convicted sex offender and some how ended up being kicked out the family home when I confronted her.
    now to make matters worse this man was convicted for acts with under age children.... I have 2 boys and it started a massive legal battle with solicitors and social services which is still going on to this day.
    when I left the home I had nothing and had to start again... Literally
    then my father passed away with cancer, and I lost my job, so remembering every creditor was not top of my agenda...
    i tried my best to remember every creditor and entered a DMP when I moved and thought I was ok and all where being paid. So this was a unwelcome surprise when I found the mail for this went to my old address and of corse my ex did not forward on any mail.
    so I admit I owe this money and happy to pay it off (2k) but would really like this CCJ set aside, went the cab this morning who say I'm pretty much screwed. But I've had great advice from here in the past and thought I would see if you thought the same thing
    Tags: None

Re: Setting a CCJ aside

Originally posted by Whoppery6k View Post
    Well as some people will know I lost my job after a interesting disciplinary process, but while applying for a new job (who ran a credit check) a CCJ showed up.
    turns out this was issued last year at my previous address for a welcome finance loan that defaulted in June 2011 with my last payment made to it in 2010.
    Now when I say previous address its not like I just moved and thought nah sod it.
    i discovered that my wife was having a affair behind my back with a convicted sex offender and some how ended up being kicked out the family home when I confronted her.
    now to make matters worse this man was convicted for acts with under age children.... I have 2 boys and it started a massive legal battle with solicitors and social services which is still going on to this day.
    when I left the home I had nothing and had to start again... Literally
    then my father passed away with cancer, and I lost my job, so remembering every creditor was not top of my agenda...
    i tried my best to remember every creditor and entered a DMP when I moved and thought I was ok and all where being paid. So this was a unwelcome surprise when I found the mail for this went to my old address and of corse my ex did not forward on any mail.
    so I admit I owe this money and happy to pay it off (2k) but would really like this CCJ set aside, went the cab this morning who say I'm pretty much screwed. But I've had great advice from here in the past and thought I would see if you thought the same thing
    Hi Welcome to LB,
    Applications to set aside judgements have to be made very quickly after the judgement is made, if this judgement
    was made in 2010/2011 it's unlikely to succeed. The judgement entries on credit files are removed 6 years from the
    date of judgement.
    Non receipt of the claim is a ground to apply for set aside, you would also have to show that you had a defence that
    has/had a reasonable chance of success in regard to the claim.
    After all this time I think paying off the judgement order in full and getting the files marked " Satisfied " is probably
    the best you can do.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
      Hi Welcome to LB,
      Applications to set aside judgements have to be made very quickly after the judgement is made, if this judgement
      was made in 2010/2011 it's unlikely to succeed. The judgement entries on credit files are removed 6 years from the
      date of judgement.
      Non receipt of the claim is a ground to apply for set aside, you would also have to show that you had a defence that
      has/had a reasonable chance of success in regard to the claim.
      After all this time I think paying off the judgement order in full and getting the files marked " Satisfied " is probably
      the best you can do.

nem
      Hi hi thanks for your reply,

the account defaulted in 2010, the CCJ was issued 10mths ago

Comment

Who now owns this debt?

This sounds to me like another one of Welcomes account being defaulted just prior
        to selling a debt on i.e. unreasonably late more than 6 months after the cause of action
        as stated in the ICO Guidance on defaults in force at that time.

nem

Comment

Who now owns this debt?

This sounds to me like another one of Welcomes account being defaulted just prior
          to selling a debt on i.e. unreasonably late more than 6 months after the cause of action
          as stated in the ICO Guidance on defaults in force at that time.

nem
          Ok I have no idea what that means,
          but it's now owned by Cabot finance And the CCJ was issued by there solicitors Reston, but the account is back with cabot

Comment

Ok I have no idea what that means,
            but it's now owned by Cabot finance And the CCJ was issued by there solicitors Reston, but the account is back with cabot
            It was and probably still is the policy of Welcome Finance admin to not default delinquent accounts until it was
            about to sell them off to the likes of Cabot.
            Meaning that the debtor is disadvantaged by having a default registered of years after the account originally defaulted.

nem

Comment

So I'm guessing there is not a lot I can do in this matter

i have mailed Cabot asking for the details and original letter but 14 days later nothing...

some me one said if it was Cabot UK who issued the default I may have a leg to stand on but waiting on the original letters [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION]

Comment

So I'm guessing there is not a lot I can do in this matter

i have mailed Cabot asking for the details and original letter but 14 days later nothing...

some me one said if it was Cabot UK who issued the default I may have a leg to stand on but waiting on the original letters @nemesis45
                Good morning,
                e-mails to Carboot are usually a waste of time.
                It would be better now ro send a letter by signed
                for post.
                IF Cabot did originate the default there is certainly
                more chance of getting the default back dated.

nem

Comment

Good morning,
                  e-mails to Carboot are usually a waste of time.
                  It would be better now ro send a letter by signed
                  for post.
                  IF Cabot did originate the default there is certainly
                  more chance of getting the default back dated.

nem
                  [MENTION=1937]nemisis[/MENTION]45
                  morning the default has dropped off my CF it's the ccj that has only just been issued,
                  but I will write a letter recorded to them tonight

is there much I can do with the ccj

Comment

@nemisis45
                    morning the default has dropped off my CF it's the ccj that has only just been issued,
                    but I will write a letter recorded to them tonight

is there much I can do with the ccj
                    Reasons for set aside application:

1. Claim documents not received or sent to wrong address.
                    2. The debt was already statute barred on the date the claim was issued.
                    3. Not your debt./ no knowledge of any such account.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X