• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

General form of Judgement or Order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General form of Judgement or Order

Hoping someone can explain the language of he document and what I need to do next.

I received an N24 general form of Judgment or Order in the mail today,

I'm listed as the defendant.

it reads:
    Before the resident district judge sitting at the county court at Croydon, The Law Courts, Croydon Surrey, CR9 5AB.

Upon reading a letter from the claimant

It is ordered that:

1. the order to attend court for questioning be adjourned generally with liberty to restore

2. If the matter is not restored by 4:00 PM on 18 November 2016 The matter be Struck out.

Dated 18 November 2015

Can someone confirm what the language means, for both points.

Many Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: General form of Judgement or Order

Are you aware of any claim or CCJ bought against you ? Usually an order for questionning is after a CCJ has been awarded against you, and is used as part of the enforcement process, usually with a view to obtaining an attachment of earnings so it would be helpful to know a bit of the background to this.

Basically the N24 means that the order is currently not in force ( so no attendance is required) but it can be reinstated if applied for by one party before 18 November, if it isn't the order is struck out.

Did you receive the original order to attend ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

The claimant is Aktiv Kapital who purchased a debt I owe.
      I've received mail from them (Aktiv Kapital), nothing else from the court, and no orders to attend the court. So at the moment I'm not being asked to attend court?

Comment

I would suggest you check your Credit File in case they have sneaked something in via an old address or similar.

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
          I would suggest you check your Credit File in case they have sneaked something in via an old address or similar.

Just checked my credit report and oddly my rating has gone up today.
          No CCJs have appeared on file or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by honeybadger View Post
            The claimant is Aktiv Kapital who purchased a debt I owe.
            I've received mail from them (Aktiv Kapital), nothing else from the court, and no orders to attend the court. So at the moment I'm not being asked to attend court?
            I'd give the court a call - the N24 should have a claim number on it which you can quote to the court and ask them about the claim, and tell them you knew nothing of it until receiving this N24 yesterday.

Did Aktiv Kapital's letter mention any judgment against you ?
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X