• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Excel parking PCN - Paid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excel parking PCN - Paid

Hi there

I've received a parking charge notice from Excel Parking today. This was received 17days after the alleged contravention date of parking without a pay&display ticket. There is a photo of the front and back of my car. Very dark and unable to see the driver.

I have to admit to not purchasing a ticket as I didn't realise. They state there is signage up and around the car park. There was no evident barrier to stop entry or exit. So if there was signage I obviously hadnt noted it. I'd never parked in that area before and was nipping into Iceland. There a recorded time of 17mins which was mostly due to queuing time in the shop.

The 'early' chargeable fine is £60 within 14days and £100 within 28days.

Like many in this forum I have read around and see to have found a consensus to ignore but differing advice on here.

The letter clearly states appeal options etc.

What is my best course of action from here?

Regards

MCB
    Tags: None

Re: Excel parking PCN

1. Contact Iceland manager.

2.. Appeal as registered keeper and don't leave any clues to the id of the driver, even on the internet when you think you're anonymous.

Sadly Excel are members of the IPC and their appeals service is rank rotten. Worth doing but it's hard to win. Doesn't mean they'd win in court where, in most cases, it's fairer.

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals process. The driver was a genuine customer. I note your notice to keeper is fundamentally flawed when compared to PoFA 2012 schedule 4 para 9 in several aspects .

Yours etc

M1

Comment

Many thanks for reply. I will follow that advice.

There's many forums stating that the IPC process isn't worth pursuing.

Following the likelihood of rejection of initial appeal what are my options from there?
      I'm assuming:
      Ignore the rest and potential debt collectors (which a lot of forums suggest-not really keen on being harrassed)
      Pay fine? Should I pay at that point?
      (Am I missing stages I between ?)

Im keen complain to the retailer. There is plenty of advice out there saying do not admit who driver was. With receipt evidence for proof of purchase I'm aware this will link to 'whom' was in the store. Would the store be able to share this with the parking company or this be requested through formal channels later on?

Comment

If rejected i would also appeal to IAS, even though they are horrifically bad because in any further action you wish to appear reasonable to avoid any adverse cost implications.

As for the store, they probably wouldn't share but the spender needn't be the driver, they can be a passenger.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by MCB View Post
          Many thanks for reply. I will follow that advice.
          Originally posted by MCB View Post

There's many forums stating that the IPC process isn't worth pursuing.

Following the likelihood of rejection of initial appeal what are my options from there?
          I'm assuming:
          Ignore the rest and potential debt collectors (which a lot of forums suggest-not really keen on being harrassed)
          Pay fine? Should I pay at that point?
          (Am I missing stages I between ?)

Im keen complain to the retailer. There is plenty of advice out there saying do not admit who driver was. With receipt evidence for proof of purchase I'm aware this will link to 'whom' was in the store. Would the store be able to share this with the parking company or this be requested through formal channels later on?

what happened to the case ? did you win or just payup

Comment

I appealed using your guidance on template. The appeal was rejected as suspected. Next level of appeal came with the risk of higher fine so I paid up (from £60 to £100). Couldn't deal with stress of potentially being chased by debt agencies. From online info the next level of appeal is also as corrupt and therefore I didn't take the risk.

Retailer never replied to my signed for letter requesting they're assistance despite proof of purchase in store...therefore by sheer personal protest I have boycot Iceland.

I never did find out what the initial parking charge would've been.

Comment

Re: Excel parking PCN - Paid

[MENTION=75705]MCB[/MENTION]

if you could please DM us with further info we will be happy to help

Contact Iceland via twitter and see if they'll help.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X