• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DVLA Court Summnons SORN.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DVLA Court Summnons SORN.

Will do Rob, I'll confirm on Monday the truth of it and let you know.

Thank you again.

Comment

Hi Rob,

Phoned to the Court both in Banbury and Oxford who confirm that there is no hearing next Tuesday. The DVLA have written that "due to unforeseen circumstances" the date had been moved back however, the court says that the original hearing was dropped and therefore ended.

DVLA doesn't seem to know it's A&%£** from its elbow. The guy who phoned my son said it shouldn't have been brought in the first place and would be cancelled so don't attend. That was Rolocks too. It was already dismissed at the DVLA's instructions.

Anyhow, thanks a million for the assistance, extremely kind of you for committing your time and expertise to all of us victims of autocratic tossers. Formal complaint I think!!

Comment

Glad its over with it might not be worth your time putting in a complaint, it is unlikely to go very far other than some kind of fobbing off response from them and there will no doubt be plenty of others they can chase money for.
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Guess you're right, thanks Rob, infuriating though.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuffedagain View Post
            I agree Rob and we are prepared to take it as far as necessary and pay them nothing. If they decide to drop the case when my son is at court they will be mistaken. The judge can hear the case and make a ruling that can be used by other victims. In the correspondence it was noted that the DVLA had omitted to inform that representations could be made to the magistrates, they merely stated that a trial date would be allocated at a court nearer to our location so prejudicing our ability to appeal.

Thanks a lot.
            Has a fixed penalty been registered against you? A SORN is a statutory off road notice. I am not too certain whether you should have to make a plea of not guilty when you have the statutory defence of a SORN anyway.

Comment

Hi guys,

can anyone help.???
              My friend got a PENALTY FOR UNTAXED CAR AND TO PAY £316.00 ALTHOUGH THE CAR WAS SORN AND EMAIL RECEIVED FROM DVLA OF A SORN CONFIRMATION.
              IT READ" WE HAVE RECEIVED EVIDENCE AT 11.15 HOURS ON 28.12.2017 THIS VEHICLE WAS BEING USED OR KEPT WHILST ON STATUTORY OFF ROAD(SORN) declaration was in forcein (.......) IT IS AN OFFENCE TO USE OR KEEP A SORN'D VEHICLE ON A PUBLIC ROAD AND OUR RECORDS SHOW THAT YOU WERE THE VEHICLE REGISTERED KEEPER ON THAT DATE.

I WANT TO CHALLENGE THIS BECAUSE THE VEHICLE BROKE DOWN, WAS ALSO SORN AND NOT IN USE WITHER. THE COUNCIL HAVE NOW TOWED THE CAR AWAY AND NOW THE DVLA WANT TO CHARGE MY FAMILY £316.
              PLSSS CAN SOMEONE HELP!!!!!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X