• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Benefit Letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benefit Letter

This letter is probably already here in some form, but I am putting this on a new thread so I know where to find it
    Love Sally xx

Dear Sir/Madam [YOUR NAME, SORT CODE, and ACCOUNT NUMBER]

I write regarding the application of the following penalty charges to my account:
    [INSERT DETAILS of charges applied].

As you know the monies in my account derive from means tested benefits paid by DWP, and/or the CSA. This is confirmed from my bank statements, where they are clearly indicated.

Accordingly, you have erred in law in levying such charges on exempt monies in my account contrary to The Social Security Act 1992 which for your information states as follows:

Tax Credits Act 2006. Section 45 states:

45: Inalienability
    (1) Every assignment of or charge on a tax credit, and every agreement to assign or charge a tax credit, is void; and, on the bankruptcy of the person entitled to a tax credit, the entitlement to the tax credit does not pass to any trustee or other person acting on behalf of his creditors

I would also respectfully remind you that said benefits are not the property of the Recipient but of the State, and are provided by the State, for the Recipient and their Dependant's sole upkeep

Therefore as this is my
    only/mainsource of income please refund any and all such charges together with interest applied within 7 days from the above date

Yours faithfully

Include if on Tax Credits
    Social Security Administration Act 1992
    Miscellaneous
    Certain benefit to be inalienable **

187- Subject to the provisions of this Act, every assignment of, or charge on-
    (a)benefit as defined in section 122 of the Contributions and Benefits Act;
    (b)any income-related benefit; or
    (c)child benefit,
    and every agreement to assign or charge such benefit shall be void; and, on the bankruptcy of the beneficiary, such benefit shall not pass to any trustee or other person acting on behalf of his creditors.

Note * if you claim Working Tax Credit or Child Tax Credit the corresponding legislation is the Tax Credits Act 2006. Section 45 states then include this para in your letter of claim.

In addition I remind you that included are in this exemption are the following
    P1ss on me if you like, but don't try and tell me it's rain!
    life is all the more precious when we remember it is a terminal state.

If you need any help with addiction please feel free to PM or email me. I will help all I can
    Please don't drink and drive

25th Aug SAR request ~11th Sep 1/2 back ~ 23rd Oct all back ~ 29th Oct prelim request ~ 11th Nov LBA ~ 20th Nov "Don't Be Silly" letter ~ 25th Nov I won!

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X