• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Potential redundancy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential redundancy

Hi all,

I have spent the last half an hour trying to find an answer online however can't find the answer I'm looking for and hoping someone will know here.

Last week we were called into the office to be told 160 jobs will be going acorss 3 offices (out of approximately 1000 jobs). They have said they cannot say how they will choose the 160 however they have ruled out office closures and voluntary redundancies.

On Friday we were told that we will find out on the 6th Jan, until then we're all on notice. They have suggested that those who are affected may be asked to leave that week and put on gardening leave.

Ive been there just under two years so my payout won't be a lot (around one months pay I assume) however I would be in the firing line if they use last in first out selection.

I do have a job in the pipe line, which if successful means I start on the 18th Jan, which means technically I should be handing my notice in on or around 18th Dec.

I don't think what they are doing is 100% correct however I am kean to leave anyway.

My question is, if I refrain from handing in my notice until Jan and I'm not selected for redundancy can I be done for breach of contract given my notice period is 4 weeks?

Part of me is thinking don't worry about them as they haven't about me, the other is thinking about potential future references and legal action.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X